Our Caloric Expenditure assessment uses our state-of-the-art oxygen consumption analytic equipment to accurately determine resting metabolic rate, which enables a calculation of how many calories are burned during daily activities such as sitting, walking, and exercising. That data is then used to define personal “calorie zones” that show how many calories the assessed individual should consume daily to lose weight, maintain weight, or fuel additional workouts.
Protocol: The CE test is quick, easy, and accurate. You will sit in a relaxed position and breathe into a mask for approximately twenty minutes.
Cost: $75. Cost includes CE test, printed results, goal consultation, and a sample meal plan based on your results.
Duration: 45 minutes
Location: Fleet Feet Des Peres
- It is essential that you do not eat during the 4 hours prior to your appointment time. Eating within 4 hours of your test will mandate rescheduling.
- It is also necessary that you avoid all caffeine and caffeinated products for the 6 hours prior to your appointment.
- Note: You are allowed to drink water or juice during your fasting period
- No strenuous exercise 24 — 48 hours prior to test.
- Please allow at least 12 hours minimum of passive rest before test.