The 21st edition of the Quivering Quads Trail Race will be held on Sunday, March 8th, 2020. This year's event features a new 15K distance, along with the half marathon and 50K. All three-courses feature incredible Ozark-like bluff views.
Participants can choose from multiple swag options, BOCO trucker hat, or this year's premium item, Bomber Jacket, or get both! Half marathon & 15K finishers will receive a custom medal and 50K finishers will receive a custom belt buckle The post-race party will include grilled cheese, cold craft beer provided by iTap, music, awesome awards, and much more! Registration is limited for each distance. Please reference below for distance cutoff times before registering.
All participants receive:
- Choice of swag
- Custom finisher medal (or buckle for 50K)
- On course aid stations
- Post-race party featuring grilled cheese, craft brew provided by iTap, Gus pretzels, music, and more!
- Complimentary shuttle service to and from the parking lot
- Live onsite results
DATE/TIME | Sunday, March 8th, 2020
- 50K | the first wave starts at 8:00 am
- 13.1M & 15K | the first wave starts at 9:00 am
LOCATION AND COURSE -
Cuivre River State Park is located in Troy, Missouri. Runners are sent onto the race course in waves of 25 that have been seeded according to their predicted pace for their road half marathon & 15K.
This year’s course will incredible bluff views. Along the course, runners can expect wide fireman roads, narrow single track trails, rolling hills, steep climbs (but not too many), and numerous creek crossings through the bottomland forest of Big Sugar Creek. Participants should also expect to experience your average midwest rocks, roots, mud, along with some spectacular wildlife. The striking views along the course will remind you of the famous Missouri Ozarks. The course offers new challenges for every level while enjoying the amazing scenery.
Participants of the 50K will complete two loops. Loop #1 will be ~17.9 miles, and loop #2 will be the half marathon course of 13.1 miles. Limited course support will be available during loop #1, and 50K participants should plan to sustain themselves during the first loop. Please reference the cutoff times below.
Dogs are not permitted on the course or in the race.
We are bringing back the pick your swag option! Participants can choose between a custom running trucker hat by BOCO or Bomber Jacket! Swag is guaranteed to those who register through 2/24/2020.
- BOCO Running Trucker Hat: All the comfort of a run hat with the style of a trucker – running trucker has structured front panels and a trucker visor with breathable mesh backing. Fully customized 6-panel construction, adjustable back snap closure, curved bill, wicking internal sweatband, and more! One size fits most. BOCO Participants can choose to purchase additional hats for $20 each ($30 value).
- Bomber Jacket: The custom blend 7.4oz 60/40 cotton/polyester heathered fleece jacket features solid ribbing on both the neckline and cuffs and slash pockets. Available in sizes XS to 2XL. The bomber jacket is a premium item, choose it as your swag item for an additional $20, or get both the hat and the jacket for an additional $45. Must register by 2/24 to receive the jacket. Sizing Chart.
15K Registration Fees
- $33 | through 1/20/2020
- $38 | 1/21 - 2/24
- $45 | 2/25 - race day
Half Marathon Registration Fees
- $50 | through 1/20
- $55 | 1/21 - 2/24
- $65 | 2/25 - race day
- $68 | through 1/20
- $75 | 1/21-2/24
- $80 | 2/25-race day
FINISHER MEDAL, BELT BUCKLE, & AWARDS
- Half Marathon & 15K finishers will receive a custom medal
- 50K Finishers will receive a custom belt buckle
- Half Marathon & 15K Awards will be given to the top three male/female overall finishers and the top three male/female in the following age groups: 19 & under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 & over.
- 50K Awards: top three male/female overall finishers & top three male/female masters (40+)
PACKET PICK-UP | Your race packets and those of any friends and family can be picked up on...
- Friday, March 6th | 10:00am - 6:00pm | Fleet Feet - Des Peres
- Saturday, March 7th | 10:00am - 4:00pm | Fleet Feet - St. Charles
- Sunday, March 8th | opens at 7:30am
- If you are coming from out of town and cannot pick up your packet until race morning, please carefully read over the Race Instructions (coming soon) before race morning. Your swag and race number will be waiting for you at the race start.
- 15K | 5 hours
- Half Marathon | 5 hours
- 50K | 8 hours
- Loop 1 (~17.9 miles) must be completed in 4.5 hours to continue onto loop #2.
VOLUNTEERS | Interested in volunteering for Quivering Quads Trail Race? All volunteers will receive a custom QQ BOCO Hat and a gift card to Fleet Feet, along with refreshments and lots of thanks and praise! Volunteers will have the option to purchase the Bomber Jacket if signed up to volunteer before 2/20/2020. Have a group interested? Contact Jules (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and details.
REFUND and TRANSFER POLICY | No refunds are given within 21 days (after 2/16/20) of the event. Processing fees are non-refundable. No make-up date or refunds if the event is canceled due to weather. Entries are not transferable to another event but can be transferred to another participant. Transferring registration is allowed until March 1st, 2020. A $3 processing fee will be applied to all refunds and transfers.
- Dogs are not allowed on course or allowed to participate in the races.
- Inclement Weather Policy: The safety of our participants and volunteers is our highest priority. If severe weather is present, we will post an update on the Facebook Event Page and at the top of this page by 6:00 am the morning of the event at the latest.
QUESTIONS? | Contact Jules (email@example.com) or call our Race Productions office at 855-786-5945 x716.
SPONSORS | Interested in becoming a sponsor? Contact Jules (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details about sponsorship opportunities!
QQ was endorsed in 2014 by Outside Magazine, who named it one of the six best Outside running races.
Quivering Quads History
In 1994, Fleet Feet Sports hosted the inaugural Quivering Quads Trail Runs within the boundaries of beautiful Cuivre River State Park. The unique event incorporated race distances of 10 kilometers, 13.1 miles, 50 kilometers and 50 miles. 175 runners entered the inaugural event, which immediately became a fixture on the St. Louis area’s running calendar. By 1998, QQ was the largest trail run in Missouri and an event of some national prominence. The race was regularly featured in Ultrarunning Magazine and earned a mention in Kirk Johnson’s 2001 book To the Edge, which documented the world of ultramarathoning. The race went into hiatus after 2003’s 10th annual event so that Fleet Feet could attend to the growth of their Lewis & Clark Marathon and Half Marathon, which became Rock ‘n’ Roll St. Louis. In 2010, QQ returned as the Quivering Quads Trail Half Marathon.