Last Modified: November 1, 2018
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the Sites or Services.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Fleet Feet adheres to the principles of the EU- US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce.
To learn more, visit our Privacy Shield Policy. You may also visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website.
Information You Provide to Us
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Sites and Services:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Sites or Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
When you download, register with, or use the Sites or Services, we may ask you provide information:
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, social security number, unique ID, credit card and debit card numbers, personal preferences, any other communications that you choose to have with Fleet Feet, and or any other information the Sites and Services collect that is defined as personal or personally information under an applicable law, as well as any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the frequency of user visits to our Sites and Services, the routes by which users access the Sites and Services, the number of downloads of our Apps, which stickers are used from the Applications, emoji clicks/views, emoji usage, demographic/geography data, and repeat usage of the Apps, anonymous foot scan data collected from your voluntary use of our fit id technology in-store.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in Sites and Services. This includes information provided at the times of: registering to use the Sites and Services, subscribing to our service or signing up to receive our emails or coupons, posting material (if applicable), and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Sites or Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Sites or Services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through one of our Apps.
- Information available to us pursuant to us pursuant to allowing “full access” by one or more of our Apps as an iOS10 third-party keyboard. Full access allows us to transmit anything you type, including information you have previously typed into the keyboard on your device, which would include personally identifiable information such as your credit card, street address, or other personally identifiable information.
- Your search queries on the App.
- Information we receive when you use other features of the Sites or Services that may be offered from time to time and may require such information in order to utilize the feature.
- Information you provide when you access certain experiences in Store, which may include your voluntary use of our fit id scanning system.
From time to time the Sites or Services may include functionality by which you may provide information to be published or displayed (”Posted”) on public areas of the Sites or on websites you access through one or more of our Apps (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although the Apps may from time to time permit you to set certain privacy settings, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
You represent and warrant that you have the right and authority or have obtained all necessary consents to provide any information, including personal information of another individual,that is provided by you to Fleet Feet.
When you download, access, and use our Sites and Services, Fleet Feet may use technology to automatically collect:
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Sites and Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Sites and Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Sites and Services.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Apps also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- App Store information. Any information provided or available by or through Apple’s app-store.
- Third Party Keyboards. Our Apps include a “third party keyboard,” which provides an alternative way to input keyboard data. These keyboards can access all of the data you type, including bank account and credit card numbers, street addresses, as well as other personal and sensitive information. These keyboards may also access nearby text or data, which is useful for improving autocorrect functionality. If you enable “full access” we will be permitted to access, collect, and transmit the data you type. In addition, if we are able to access your location, photos, or other personal information or personal data, we can collect and transmit that information to our servers. If you disable “full access” and then later re-enable full access, we may be able to access, collect, and transmit what was typed while the network access was disabled. If you do not enable “full access,” Fleet Feet will not collect and transmit the data you type. You may choose to disable a “third party keyboard” at any time by visiting your Settings page on an Apple device, choosing Keyboards, and then removing the keyboard from the keyboard list.
- Location Information. If you have provided permission through your device to allow us to collect location information, we may obtain your physical location information, from technologies such as GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower signals (“Location Information”). You may withdraw your permission for Fleet Feet to acquire your Location Information, but we do not control this process. To the extent that our mobile applications provide location information, you agree not to excessively use the Location Information or the networks or bandwidth that implement the Location Information. You acknowledge and agree that any location data provided by our mobile applications is not intended to be relied upon in situations where precise location information is needed or where erroneous, inaccurate or incomplete data may lead to death, personal injury, property or environmental damage. We do not guarantee the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness of any location data displayed by the mobile application.
If you do not want us to collect the information above, do not visit our Sites, do not download our Apps, or delete them from your device. Note, however, that opting out of our Apps’ collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be disabled.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Information Collection/Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). Like many websites, Fleet Feet utilizes “cookies” to maintain a record of your visit to the Site and your use of our Services. A cookie is a small file transferred by a web server and stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone or follow your internet browser’s steps for doing so. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our mobile applications. Cookies do not identify you personally and you remain anonymous unless you have otherwise provided Fleet Feet with your personally identifiable information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the mobile applications and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Fleet Feet, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use our Sites or Services, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies, who evaluate usage of our Sites and Services.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use our Sites and Services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with our Sites and Services and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Communicate with you about products and services offered by us, our mobile Apps, other affiliates, franchisees and business partners.
- Provide news and information we think will be of interest to you.
- Conduct or administer contests, sweepstakes or other promotions in which you have participated.
- Contact you and respond to any communications that you may have had with us.
- Detect and protect Fleet Feet against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft, and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with our policies and contractual obligations.
- Offer various services and functionality in our mobile Apps, such as run tracking, points and rewards accumulated in-app, and other features that may be available in the App from time to time.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Sites and Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and franchisees.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Fleet Feet’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Fleet Feet about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website or App, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fleet Feet, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website, here: http:www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site or App and visiting your account profile page.
Even if you delete your User Contributions from the App, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other App users.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Fleet Feet, Inc., Re: Privacy Compliance, 310 East Main Street, Suite 200, Carrboro, NC 27510.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. For information about Do Not Track, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Sites and Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Sites or Services or through any of its features, register on the Sites, make any purchases through the Sites or Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features in the Sites or Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Sites or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Sites or Services, like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Sites and Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Sites or Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Fleet Feet, Inc.
Re: Privacy Compliance
301 East Main Street
Carrboro, NC 27510