WHY JOIN OUR 10K PROGRAM?
Train for the magical 10k distance with Fleet Feet Running Club! On one hand, completing 6.2 miles demands your respect and attention, but on the other, it isn't so far that you can't train for it — and complete several 10ks — in one season. It's one step beyond the 5k (or 3.1-miles) and a great segue to the half marathon distance (13.1-miles). Our 10k FINISH program is designed for the casual runner, and our 10k FAST program is intended for the experienced, competitive-minded runner.
- Individualized training in a group setting. Fleet Feet Running Club's proven programs have served more than ten thousand participants. Our programs earn an average rating of 4.6 stars (out of five) and more than 80% of participants complete their goal race.
- Experienced, professional head coaching. Our degreed and credentialed head coaches assess each participant's current fitness level, help them set reasonable goals, and ensure that they train at an appropriate level.
- Safe. We take pride in helping participants gradually and safely improve their fitness levels.
- Group Camaraderie. Group training is like having a personal fitness support group. Our support group meets twice weekly.
- An introduction to speed training. Speed training adds some spice into training. Our 10k programs teach the principles of speed training and develop workouts that are individually tailored to program participants.
The 10k FINISH program is designed for the currently-casual athlete who is ready to take their training to the next level. We'll delve a little deeper into the subjects that will help you go beyond the 5k: speed training, nutrition management, hydration, safety & visibility, and more. Throughout the program, you'll gradually increase your mileage as you train mentally and physically for the 6.2-mile distance. As always, our great Fleet Feet coaches and mentors will be with you every step of the way.
Despite being “short” from a distance runner’s standpoint, the 10k is a difficult race distance to master. The 10k is a blend of speed and endurance that necessitates running only a few ticks slower than 5k pace, yet for double the distance. Our 10k FAST program is designed to prepare advanced competitors for the exact physiological challenges of the 6.2-mile distance, teach the body and mind how to push through the tough parts of a race, and perfect a pacing strategy that pushes the limits.
Our 10k FINISH & 10k FAST groups train Tuesday evenings (6:30 pm) along the Katy Trail and Saturday mornings (6:30 am) at various St. Louis/St. Charles parks (listed below). Members of our 10k FAST program will also train Sunday mornings at the Forest Park Visitor Center (6:30 am).
On Saturday mornings, FFRC members are tourists in our own great City (visiting as many parks as possible each training session):
- Carondelet Park (St. Louis, MO)
- Cliff Cave Park (St. Louis, MO)
- Creve Coeur Lake (Maryland Heights, MO)
- Fenton City Park (Fenton, MO)
- Forest Park (St. Louis, MO)
- Fort Belle Fontaine (St. Louis, MO)
- Francis Howell High School (Weldon Spring, MO)
- Frontier Park (St. Charles, MO)
- Good News Brewery (Defiance, MO)
- Grant’s Trail (St. Louis, MO)
- Jefferson Barracks (Lemay, MO)
- Lafayette High School (Wildwood, MO)
- Lakeside 370 Park (St. Peters, MO)
- Lasalle Springs Middle School | Rock Hollow Trail (Glencoe, MO)
- Queeny Park (Ballwin, MO)
- Simpson Park (Valley Park, MO)
- St. Charles Community College (St. Charles, MO)
- St. Louis Premium Outlets (Chesterfield, MO)
- Tower Grove Park (St. Louis, MO)
Our Summer/Fall programs start on Tuesday, July 25th, 2023 and will train through MO' Cowbell 10K on Sunday, October 1st. We welcome anyone to join any program at any time and we can customize either program to prepare you for any goal race. Each week, the price for each program is prorated so late enrollees only pay for the remaining weeks. Of course, the more training you complete the more fun you'll have and the easier it will be for you to accomplish your goal. We strongly recommend joining your chosen program as early as possible.
To register for the 10k Finish or 10k Fast program, click here.
The cost for the 10k Finish and Fast program is:
- $110 Finish / $140 Fast | through May 15th, 2023
- $120 Finish / $150 Fast | May 16th - July 15th, 2023
- $130 Finish / $160 Fast | July 16th - August 1st, 2023
After you register you will receive immediate confirmation of your registration via email or text (from our registration system, Vagaro). A day or two after your registration you will receive an email (from firstname.lastname@example.org) with detailed instructions regarding next steps.
Whenever you register for any FFRC service you will receive 15% of your fee in FFRC reward points that can be redeemed for future FFRC services. For example, when you purchase a VO2Max Assessment for $100 you will earn 15 points. When you collect 50 points, for another example, you can redeem them for a Functional Movement Screening, which normally costs $50. Points do not expire and are automatically applied to any applicable purchase.
Email email@example.com or call us at 855-786-5945 x715 and we'll answer them!
Connect With Us
see the latest from Fleet Feet St. Louis