WHY JOIN OUR 10k PROGRAM?
Train for the magical 10k distance with Fleet Feet Running Club! On one hand, completing 6.2 miles demands your respect and attention, but on the other, it isn't so far that you can't train for it—and complete several 10ks—in one season. It's one step beyond the 5k (or 3.1-miles) and a great segue to the half marathon distance (13.1-miles). Our 12-week, 10k Finish program is designed for the casual runner and our 12-week, 10k Fast program is intended for the experienced, competitive-minded runner.
- Individualized training in a group setting. Fleet Feet Running Club's proven programs have served more than ten thousand participants. Our programs earn an average rating of 4.6 stars (out of five) and more than 80% of participants complete their goal race.
- Experienced, professional head coaching. Our degreed and credentialed head coaches assess each participant's current fitness level, help them set reasonable goals, and ensure that they train at an appropriate level.
- Safe. We take pride in helping participants gradually and safely improve their fitness levels. Our mission is to help team members move more comfortably and perform better at every athletic stage of their journey. And, of course, we have responed to the COVID-19 pandemic by implementing new safety protocols that will keep group sizes small and appropriately distanced. If at any time you need to discontinue your "public" training, we will work with you to convert your remaining training to a "virtual" situation or refund you for the unused portion of your program.
- Group Camaraderie. Group training is like having a personal fitness support group. Our support group meets twice weekly.
- An introduction to speed training. Speed training adds some spice into training. Our 10k programs teach the principles of speed training and develop workouts that are individually tailored to program participants.
The 10k FINISH program is designed for the currently-casual athlete who is ready to take their training to the next level. We'll delve a little deeper into the subjects that will help you go beyond the 5k: speed training, nutrition management, hydration, safety & visibility, and more. Throughout the 12-week program, you'll gradually increase your mileage as you train mentally and physically for the 6.2-mile distance. As always, our great Fleet Feet coaches and mentors will be with you every step of the way.
Despite being “short” from a distance runner’s standpoint, the 10k is a difficult race distance to master. The 10k is a blend of speed and endurance that necessitates running only a few ticks slower than 5k pace, yet for double the distance. Our 10k FAST program is designed to prepare advanced competitors for the exact physiological challenges of the 6.2-mile distance, teach the body and mind how to push through the tough parts of a race, and perfect a pacing strategy that pushes the limits.
Our 10K Finish groups train Tuesday evenings (5:30pm) along the Katy Trail and Saturday mornings (7:30am) at various St. Louis/St. Charles parks (listed below). Members of our 10K Fast program groups train Tuesday evenings (6:30pm) along the Katy Trail and Sunday mornings at the Forest Park Visitor Center (7:00am).
On Saturday mornings, FFRC members are tourists in our own great City (visiting as many parks as possible each training session):
- Carondelet Park (St. Louis, MO)
- Cliff Cave Park (St. Louis, MO)
- Creve Coeur Lake (Maryland Heights, MO)
- Fenton City Park (Fenton, MO)
- Forest Park (St. Louis, MO)
- Fort Belle Fontaine (St. Louis, MO)
- Francis Howell High School (Weldon Spring, MO)
- Frontier Park (St. Charles, MO)
- Good News Brewery (Defiance, MO)
- Grant’s Trail (St. Louis, MO)
- Jefferson Barracks (Lemay, MO)
- Lafayette High School (Wildwood, MO)
- Lakeside 370 Park (St. Peters, MO)
- Lasalle Springs Middle School | Rock Hollow Trail (Glencoe, MO)
- Queeny Park (Ballwin, MO)
- Simpson Park (Valley Park, MO)
- St. Charles Community College (St. Charles, MO)
- St. Louis Premium Outlets (Chesterfield, MO)
- Tower Grove Park (St. Louis, MO)
Our program starts on Tuesday, January 25th, 2022 and concludes with the GO! St. Louis, April 2022. We welcome anyone to join any program at any time and we can customize either program to prepare you for any goal race. Each week, the price for each program is prorated so late enrolees only pay for the remaining weeks. Of course, the more training you complete the more fun you'll have and the easier it will be for you to accomplish your goal. We strongly recommend joining your chosen program as early as possible. To register for a program, click here . The cost of the programs is $120.
After you register you will receive immediate confirmation of your registration via email or text (from our registration system, Vagaro). A day or two after your registration you will receive an email (from email@example.com) with detailed instructions regarding next steps.
Whenever you register for any FFRC service you will receive 15% of your fee in FFRC reward points that can be redeemed for future FFRC services. For example, when you purchase a VO2Max Assessment for $100 you will earn 15 points. When you collect 50 points, for another example, you can redeem them for a Functional Movement Screening, which normally costs $50. Points do not expire and are automatically applied to any applicable purchase.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 855-786-5945 x715 and we'll answer them!