WHY JOIN OUR 13.1mi PROGRAM?
Training for and completing a Half Marathon (13.1mi) is a challenging and rewarding endeavor. Participants in one of our two 13.1mi programs benefit from our professional head coaches, experienced mentors, and managed group workouts on the St. Louis area’s best paths, as well as access to an extensive lineup of health care professionals and informational clinics on nutrition, hydration, gear, injury prevention, stretching techniques, and more.
- Individualized training in a group setting. Our proven program has served nearly ten thousand half marathoners. Over the past ten years, participants have given the program an average rating of 4.8 stars (out of five) and more than 90% have completed their goal race. An independent study supports our internal surveys.
- Experienced, professional head coaching. Our degreed and credentialed head coaches assess each participant's current fitness level and goals and ensure that they train at an appropriate level.
- Safe. We take pride in helping participants gradually and safely improve their fitness levels. Our mission is to help team members move more comfortably and perform better at every athletic stage of their journey. And, of course, we have responded to the COVID-19 pandemic by implementing new safety protocols that will keep group sizes small and appropriately distanced. If at any time you need to discontinue your "public" training, we will work with you to convert your remaining training to a "virtual" situation or refund you for the unused portion of your program.
- Our community is vast. You won't be alone! Our experienced mentors offer support and motivation to athletes across a wide variety of pace groups.
- Multiple weekly group workouts. Team members are invited to participate in two or three coached workouts each week, depending on their program.
Our 13.1mi FINISH 16-week program is appropriate for anyone who wants to enjoy training to run or walk 13.1 miles between 1½ hours (8:00/mile long run training pace) and 3½ hours (17:00/mile long walk training pace). We welcome both first-time half marathoners and veterans and accommodate both runners and walkers looking for a structured program that will prepare them for the 13.1 mile distance. Starting mileage is based on your experience level, with beginning long workouts ranging from 3 to 6 miles.
Our 13.1mi FAST 16-week program is for experienced half marathoners who have made the transition from completing to competing. Program applicants are first assessed by our professional coaches and – if they have the foundation needed to train to race 13.1 miles in under 2¼ hours (10:30/mile long run training pace) or faster – are accepted into this positive, driven training environment.
Our 13.1mi FINISH and 13.1mi FAST groups train Tuesday evenings (6:30 pm) LOCATION TBD and Saturday mornings (7:30 am) at various St. Louis/St. Charles County parks (listed below). **Members of our 13.1mi FAST program also meet on Sunday mornings (7:00 am) at the Forest Park Visitor Center.
On Saturday mornings, FFRC members are tourists in our own great City (visiting as many parks as possible each training session):
- Carondelet Park (St. Louis, MO)
- Cliff Cave Park (St. Louis, MO)
- Creve Coeur Lake (Maryland Heights, MO)
- Fenton City Park (Fenton, MO)
- Forest Park (St. Louis, MO)
- Fort Belle Fontaine (St. Louis, MO)
- Francis Howell High School (Weldon Spring, MO)
- Frontier Park (St. Charles, MO)
- Good News Brewery (Defiance, MO)
- Grant’s Trail (St. Louis, MO)
- Jefferson Barracks (Lemay, MO)
- Lafayette High School (Wildwood, MO)
- Lakeside 370 Park (St. Peters, MO)
- Lasalle Springs Middle School | Rock Hollow Trail (Glencoe, MO)
- Queeny Park (Ballwin, MO)
- Simpson Park (Valley Park, MO)
- St. Charles Community College (St. Charles, MO)
- St. Louis Premium Outlets (Chesterfield, MO)
- Tower Grove Park (St. Louis, MO)
Our program begins on Tuesday, January 3rd, 2023 and will conclude with any race between early April through early May. However, we welcome anyone to join any program at any time and we can customize either program to prepare you for any goal race. Each week, the price for each program is prorated so late enrollees only pay for the remaining weeks. Of course, the more training you complete the more fun you'll have and the easier it will be for you to accomplish your goal. We strongly recommend joining your chosen program as early as possible.
If you'd like to register for either the 13.1mi Finish or the 13.1mi Fast program, click here. As of Monday, January 23rd, the cost of the 13.1M Finish and 13.1M Fast is $147 and $188 respectively.
After you register you will receive immediate confirmation of your registration via email or text (from our registration system, Vagaro). A day or two after your registration you will receive an email (from firstname.lastname@example.org) with detailed instructions regarding next steps.
Whenever you register for any FFRC service you will receive 15% of your fee in FFRC reward points that can be redeemed for future FFRC services. For example, when you purchase a VO2Max Assessment for $100 you will earn 15 points. When you collect 50 points, for another example, you can redeem them for a Functional Movement Screening, which normally costs $50. Points do not expire and are automatically applied to any applicable purchase.
"This is an exceptional program run by people who are not only experts but who truly have a gift for coaching. I was amazed at how runners and run/walkers were encouraged and coached regardless of ability, experience, or pace."
"I am always amazed at the positive energy this group generates."
"Fleet Feet is the best all-around running store and training program in the area. Great people and great support."
"Barb & Brandi were amazing. THEY treated all the walkers just like everyone else and were always encouraging to me. This was my first event of this type EVER and they (and the Fleet Feet store) helped get me ready."
"As in most programs, the coaches and the people make the program. And once again the coaches were amazing and the people I met were OVER The Top."
Email email@example.com or call us at 855-786-5945 x715 and we'll answer them!