Fleet Feet FAQs
GENERAL ORDER & PAYMENT INFORMATION
I have a question regarding order status and/or cancellation. Who do I contact?
Please submit a request here with any order-related questions.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
- With Standard Ground Shipping, order times vary depending on destination. Most orders arrive within 4 business days of the order date, often sooner. If you chose Expedited Shipping, your order is guaranteed to arrive within 2-3 business days of the ship date. Sometimes, the ship date is not the same as the order date, depending on weekends, holidays, and the time of day in which your order was placed. Once your order has shipped, you will receive a shipping confirmation email with real-time tracking information. NOTE that Saturday and Sunday are not active shipping days, and time-in-transit estimates are for business days.
I didn't receive an order confirmation email. What happened?
If you reached the "Order Successful" page on fleetfeet.com but have not received an order confirmation email, one of the following may have occurred:
- Payment authorization: your order may be being reviewed for security purposes. In this case, an order confirmation will not be sent until it has been released by our fraud protection team. This typically takes less than 8 hours, but occasionally can take a day or more.
- Incorrect email entered: if the email address used to place the order was entered incorrectly, the order confirmation can't be delivered. Please reach out to us here if you believe this is the case and we will get your account information updated, as well as confirm your order (barring any further issues).
- Waiting time: typically order confirmations are sent immediately, but if it has been less than 5 minutes since order placement, a bit more time may be needed before you receive it. If it has been more than 30 minutes, one of the above scenarios is likely. For any additional questions on order confirmations, please submit a request here.
I'm trying to place an order and getting an error message stating that there has been an authorization failure. What went wrong?
If you receive this error message, please double check the following:
- Credit card number
- Expiration date and CVV
- Ensure the billing address you entered is the one on record with your bank / credit card provider
For any further issues or questions with credit card processing, please reach out to us here.
I tried placing an order and it did not go through; however, there are multiple pre-authorizations on my credit card. How should I proceed?
- If you are experiencing this issue, please reach out to us here and we will investigate further.
How can I cancel my order?
- You can cancel an order (or specific items) that haven’t yet processed or shipped by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Cancel my order". We will be in touch as soon as possible to confirm the cancellation, or let you know if the order has already processed and/or shipped.
My order was cancelled and I don't know why. What happened?
- As part of our commitment to ensuring every customer gets the right fit, the right size — the overall right product— we encourage wear-testing in our stores as part of the process. Occasionally, this fitting process produces some minor wear-and-tear, leaving the item not quite “brand new” anymore. In this case, we cancel the order as we can no longer send an item of the highest quality to you. If an item you ordered online is not available, we will notify you as soon as possible to inform you of the cancellation. If you would like to substitute the item, please place a new order for the replacement item.
Do you do backorders? My chosen item(s) aren't in-stock anymore.
- Unfortunately, we cannot take backorders. If you're interested in purchasing an item that is currently not available, we recommend checking back regularly to see if the item has come back in-stock.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- We currently only accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit cards for online orders. Fleet Feet Gift Cards are also redeemable on fleetfeet.com! To find out what forms of payment a local store accepts, please contact the location directly.
How can I check the status of my order?
- Simply click on 'My Account' in the upper right corner of our homepage and sign in to your account to view your Order History. You can also track your shipped order directly from your Shipping Confirmation email or by entering the supplied FedEx tracking number at www.fedex.com.
Where does my order ship from?
- Glad you asked! Unlike traditional warehouses, at fleetfeet.com your order is fulfilled by one of our local Fleet Feet stores throughout the country. Each store is locally owned and operated, meaning 69% of your purchase goes back into the local community. When you shop at Fleet Feet online, you shop local.
Do you ship internationally?
- Unfortunately we are unable to ship any orders placed on fleetfeet.com to destinations outside of the United States.
Is Express Shipping available?
- Yes! Express Shipping is available for a flat rate of $25 and guarantees delivery within 2-3 business days of order date. NOTE that Saturday and Sunday are not active shipping days, and time-in-transit windows are for business days.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
Fit Matters. And at Fleet Feet, so does your happiness! If an item you purchased at a Fleet Feet store or on fleetfeet.com doesn't make you happy by the way it performs, looks, or fits, we'll take it back within 60 days for an exchange or return. It's our promise to you!
Click here for detailed information on our Return Policy and instructions for online and in-store returns.
How long does it take for me to get a refund?
- Once your return shipment is in transit, you will be refunded within one business day. While the process typically takes less than 2-3 business days, it can take up to 10 business days to post to your account. This timeframe varies by bank / credit card company. If you returned your order to a Fleet Feet store, you will be refunded within one business day of the return date.
Can I exchange items I purchased online?
- Unfortunately Fleet Feet does not currently offer exchanges on merchandise purchased from our online store. If you are looking for a different size and/or color for an item already purchased, simply return the item via mail or at a local store for a full refund and place a new order for the desired item.
Can I redeem a gift card online?
- Yes! You'll be prompted during the checkout process to enter your gift card information. For any additional questions on gift cards, please submit a request here.
Can I order an e-gift card online?
- Yes! E-gift cards are available for purchase online. Click here to purchase an e-gift card.
Can I order a physical gift card online?
- Physical gift cards are not available for purchase online, but can be purchased at any local Fleet Feet store. Click here for a list of all store locations.
How do I check the balance of an existing gift card?
- Gift Card balances can be checked by clicking here.
I want to present my e-gift card as a gift without emailing it to the recipient. Can I do that?
- In order to present an e-gift card without emailing it, please enter your email address as the recipient. The e-gift card will be sent to you, and from there you can print it out to deliver in the method you choose. The email can also be forwarded on from your email address if you so choose.
I placed an order online with a gift card, and now I need to return item(s) on my order. How do I get my gift card back?
- Within 15 minutes of your return being completed and processed, you will receive a new digital gift card that will be sent to the email address associated with your original order, for the amount in which the original gift card was used. The email will come from Fleet Feet. For information on initiating the returns process, click here.
I placed an order online with a gift card, but it was cancelled. How do I get my gift card back?
- Once your order has been cancelled, the funds from the gift card used to place the order will be put back onto that same gift card, and it will be as if the order was never placed. This will be reflected on the gift card balance almost immediately after order cancellation.
PERSONAL REWARDS & LOYALTY PROGRAM POINTS
Can I use the discounts and rewards earned through my local store online?
- Unfortunately at this time we do not have the functionality to redeem rewards earned in-store in our online store. We are hoping to add this feature to our site in the future. If you have any questions about your reward points, please reach out directly to your local store.
Can I use my store credit online?
- Unfortunately, store credits may not be redeemed online at this time.
VISITING A FLEET FEET STORE
Is there a cost to get fit for shoes or sports bras at Fleet Feet? Am I required to purchase anything that I may try on?
- There is no cost for taking part in our FIT process! While there can sometimes be a wait, depending on day and time, that is generally a rare occurrence. There is never any requirement to purchase — we leave that entirely up to you. Learn more about our FIT process here.
Do I need an appointment to get fit for shoes or sports bras at Fleet Feet?
- There is no appointment necessary — stop in whenever is good for you!
What brands do you carry in-store?
- Each Fleet Feet store is an individually owned and operated business, so brands can vary from location to location. For a specific request, please reach out to your local store. That being said, the following brands are carried across most locations: addaday, adidas, ASICS, Balega, Brooks, CEP, Enell, Garmin, GU Energy, HOKA ONE ONE, Mizuno, Nathan Sports, New Balance, Nike, nuun, Strassburg, Saucony, Superfeet, Under Armour.
FINDING THE RIGHT SHOES FOR YOU
What shoes should I purchase?
- Finding the best shoe for you can be tricky — however, it's our area of expertise! The single best way to find the right pair of shoes for you is to stop by a Fleet Feet store to get fit; our FIT Specialists are highly trained, knowledgeable, and dedicated to helping find the perfect shoe for you. Learn more about our FIT process here, then visit a Fleet Feet store and get FIT!
What do the different shoe widths mean? How can I see what width a shoe is online?
- Shoe widths vary between men's and women's shoes — see the chart below for each. Note, not all widths are available in every style of shoe.
- All widths that a given shoe style is available in are shown in thumbnail images underneath the shoe name. Beneath each thumbnail image, the width identifier is shown (corresponding to the above chart). For example, below is an example of a women’s shoe style available in multiple colors in Standard Width (B) which is unmarked. Below it are the styles available in Wide Width (D), Narrow Width (2A), and Extra Wide Width (2E) which are labeled in the thumbnail images. If all styles shown for a given shoe are unmarked, then that style is unfortunately not available in anything other than the Standard Width.
For any additional questions, please reach out to us here.