Forty-two years ago, two women named Elizabeth Jansen and Sally Edwards co-founded FFRC and made it about the spirit of running. And now we all get to be part of the club.
Fleet Feet Syracuse’s training programs, fun runs and series are now all part of Fleet Feet Running Club.
What is the criteria to join, you ask? You run, you walk, you move. Be it slow (or fast), long (or short), on roads (or trail), in the form of a triathlon (or cross-training), or for fun (or for PRs). The club is wholly about bringing people together who love the sport in any form and want to share that with others.
And as always, FFRC’s Training Programs are churning out the necessary workouts, recovery exercises, and training tips to help hundreds of fellow runners complete their first or fastest 5k, 10k, 13.1, or 26.2. The programs we offer are led by experienced and professional coaches, side by side with the support of volunteer mentors that keep participants both motivated and accountable. There is a place for everyone, no matter your fitness level or pace. The training is structured and specified to our athletes and provides a detailed road map towards your goals. Let us help you make those dreams become reality!
- Summer Triathlon Program - This 10-week program will prepare you for any summer triathlon. This group meets twice a week, on Saturday mornings for a group bike session and Sunday evenings for swim sessions. Starts Sunday, May 21st, 2023.
- Fleet Feet X-Training (FFXT) - This 10-week program is designed to develop your physical strength and cardiovascular fitness, for both runners and non-runners. This group meets on Monday evenings, outdoors at Ryder Park in Dewitt. Starts Monday, June 5th 2023
- Summer Trail Program - This 10-week program is designed for runners looking to take to the trails, whether it's their first time or their homefield. This group meets twice a week, on Thursday evenings for a workout and on Sunday mornings for a long run. Starts Thursday, June 22nd, 2023.
- No Boundaries 5k Program - This 10-week running & walking program is for both beginners and those getting back into running. Our experienced coaches give you a training plan to meet your goals whether you are running or walking for the very first time, picking up an old routine, or looking to set a new PR. This group meets once a week; choose either Tuesday evenings or Friday mornings. Starts Tuesday, June 27th, 2023.
- No Boundaries 10k Program - This 10-week program is designed for those already comfortable running a 5k and who wants to try a longer distance! This group meets twice a week; Tuesday evenings for a speed workout and Friday mornings for a long run. Starts Tuesday, June 27th, 2023.
- Half Marathon Program - Train with us for your fall half marathon! This 12-week program will help keep you accountable and prepare you for the 13.1 mile distance.This groups meets twice a week; Wednesday evenings for a speed workout and Sunday mornings for a long run. Starts Wednesday, July 12th 2023.
- Marathon Program - This 14-week program is open to anyone looking to run a full marathon. Runners of all abilities are welcome! Participants must be able to run 6-8 miles prior to the start of the program. Starts Wednesday, June 28th 2023.
- Summer Youth Run Camp - This week long day camp is designed to prepare young athletes in grade 7 - 12 for the upcoming Cross Country season, as well as for other fall sports. The camp will be from 9am - 12pm Monday through Friday at Long Branch Park in Liverpool. Starts Monday, July 24th and/or July 31st.
Meet The Coaches
Filter by Program Type: All | Beginners | Half | Marathon | Triathlon | Specialty | Kids | Other
Connect With Us
see the latest from Fleet Feet Syracuse