70.3 Training Program is for the endurance triathlete: geared towards the first time half-iron athlete as well as the PR hopeful! This 12 week training plan focuses on taking you the distance in preparing for a 70.3 half-distance triathlon (1.2 mi swim, 56 mi bike, 13.1 mi run). It will be a complete training plan developed by a Certified ITCA or USAT Coach including two-four monthly group training sessions! This year we are offering a spring and fall 70.3 Training Plan.
We are offering TWO 70.3 Programs in 2020!
Spring 70.3 Training Program
Spring Goal Race: Chattanooga Ironman 70.3, Goose Pond 70.3, or Gulf Coast 70.3 Ironman
Kickoff: Tuesday, February 18th at 7pm
Group Sessions: Two-four monthly sessions on Saturday and/or Sunday mornings. Some Monday evening optional sessions too.
Fall 70.3 Training Program
Fall Goal Race: Augusta 70.3 9/27/20
Kickoff: Tuesday, June 30th at 7pm
Group Sessions: Two-four monthly sessions on Saturday and/or Sunday mornings
Some Monday evening optional sessions too.
Prices Per 70.3 Program:
Early bird: $180 until 12/9/20 (Code: EARLYBIRD)
Want to register for both 70.3 Programs?:
Save $30 off one program when you register for both. Please contact Dianna Cioppi for promo code. firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Activity Prior to Start:
A graduate of 2019's Tri 201 program or have completed an Olympic distance triathlon. You must be able to currently run a 10k, swim freestyle stroke for 1500 yards continuously and bike 25 miles (15.0 mph minimum). You must be at least 16 years of age and understand traffic laws. Also, you must be a US citizen, due to training sessions that access Redstone Arsenal. It is imperative that you meet these minimum requirements!
70.3 Program Benefits
- 12 week training plan delivered via Training Peaks
- Two-four monthly group training sessions including: open water swims (OWS), indoor trainer rides (spring) and outdoor rides (fall)
- Certified Lifeguard and kayak support for OWS
- Access to a ITCA or USAT Certified Coach
- Access to Physical Therapists through Nesin Physical Therapy
- Monthly newsletter with education on training, transition, conditioning, fueling and more
- Private Facebook group to connect with coaches and participants
- Becoming a 70.3 triathlete at the end!
- Training Shirt
- Water Bottle
- Swim Cap
- Exclusive Fleet Feet Discounts
- Exclusive Bike Shop Discount
- Register for Spring 70.3
- Register for Fall 70.3
- Register for both Spring & Fall 70.3s and receive $30 off one program.
- Registration: $ 170-200
- Fleet Feet gift cards can be applied toward training program registration
- No refunds, no exchanges, and no transfers at any time
- Must be at least 16 years old & understand the rules of the road
- Must be a US citizen due to training rides on government property
- Training fee does not include race entry fee
- Bike: A well-fitting road bike or triathlon bike is recommended for this distance race.
- Bike gear: Helmet that is free of defects and cracks is required. Reflective vest. Blinking light. Other bike accessories such as pump and flat tire kit.
- Run gear: If you have not been fitted for shoes, please visit Fleet Feet for a free fitting!
- Swim gear: Bathing suit and goggles. While visiting Fleet Feet, they can guide you on choosing the right pair of goggles to fit your face well. A swim cap will be provided at kick-off.
- Exercise mat: To help you become a more conditioned athlete, we will be doing some strengthening and core conditioning.
Spring Goal Race Options:
- Ironman 70.3 Chattanooga, 5/17/20
- Event Location: Chattanooga, TN
- Race Website: Ironman 70.3 Chattanooga
- Goose Pond Island Half Ironman Distance, 5/24/20
- Event Location: Scottsboro, AL
- Race Website: Goose Pond Half
Fall Goal Race Options:
- Ironman 70.3 Augusta, 9/27/20
- Event Location: Augusta, Georgia
- Race Website: Ironman 70.3 Augusta
Nesin Physical Therapy will be providing expertise to your training through experienced Physical Therapists attending sessions, giving you someone to ask questions to, exercise recommendations & the correct way to perform certain exercises/stretches, etc. If you are experiencing any physical issues, no matter how small, prior to our training to start, please visit Nesin Therapy for a consultation & let them know you'll be in our programs so they can get you well in no time!
Blevins Bicycle Company began as a humble backyard shop built from the ground up from the perspective of a bicycle mechanic. From a 700 square foot shed to a massive 8000 square foot storefront in South Huntsville. Blevins Bicycle Company has always had the fundamental belief that a working bicycle is the most important aspect of cycling.
My passion for riding started over a decade ago working at various bicycle shops around North Alabama. Like any good bike shop mechanic I took my work home with me. It didn't feel like work at the time. I mean, it's my passion and I wanted folks to ride well maintained bicycles.
- M. Blevins