140.6 Training Program is for the endurance triathlete: geared towards the first time Ironman athlete as well as the PR hopeful! This 20 week training plan focuses on taking you the distance in preparing for a 140.6 full-distance Ironman triathlon (2.4 mi swim, 112mi bike (116 for Chattanooga), 26.2 mi run). It will be a complete training plan developed by a Certified ITCA or USAT Coach including two-four monthly group training sessions!
Ironman Training Program
Fall Goal Race: Chattanooga Ironman 144.6
Kickoff: Tuesday, May 7th at 7pm
Group Sessions: Two-four monthly sessions on Saturday and/or Sunday mornings. Some Monday evening optional sessions too.
Prices Per 140.6 Program:
Early bird: $ 280 until 11/30 (Code: FFTRI140.6-2)
Required Activity Prior to Start:
A graduate of 2018's Tri 70.3 program or have completed a half-Ironman distance triathlon in 8 hours or less. You must be able to currently run 6 miles, swim freestyle stroke for 1500 yards continuously and bike 25 miles (15mph minimum). You must be at least 18 years of age and understand traffic laws. Also, you must be a US citizen, due to training sessions that access Redstone Arsenal. It is imperative that you meet these minimum requirements!
140.6 Program Benefits
- 20 week training plan delivered via Training Peaks
- Two-four monthly group training sessions including: OWS, outdoor rides, group runs
- Certified Lifeguard and kayak support for OWS
- Access to a ITCA or USAT Certified Coach
- Access to Physical Therapists through Nesin Physical Therapy
- Monthly newsletter with education on training, transition, conditioning, fueling and more
- Private Facebook group to connect with coaches and participants
- Becoming a 140.6 triathlete at the end!
- Training Shirt
- Water Bottle
- Swim Cap
- Exclusive Fleet Feet Discounts
- Exclusive Bike Shop Discount
- Register for 140.6
- Registration: $ 280-300
- Fleet Feet gift cards can be applied toward training program registration
- No refunds, no exchanges, and no transfers at any time
- Must be at least 18 years old & understand the rules of the road
- Must be a US citizen due to training rides on government property
- Training fee does not include race entry fee
- Bike: A well-fitting road bike or triathlon bike is recommended for this distance race.
- Bike gear: Helmet that is free of defects and cracks is required. Reflective vest. Blinking light. Other bike accessories such as pump and flat tire kit.
- Run gear: If you have not been fitted for shoes, please visit Fleet Feet for a free fitting!
- Swim gear: Bathing suit and goggles. While visiting Fleet Feet, they can guide you on choosing the right pair of goggles to fit your face well. A swim cap will be provided at kick-off.
- Exercise mat: To help you become a more conditioned athlete, we will be doing some strengthening and core conditioning.
- Ironman Chattanooga on 9/30/18
- Event Location: Chattanooga, TN
- Race Website: Ironman Chattanooga
Nesin Physical Therapy will be providing expertise to your training through experienced Physical Therapists attending sessions, giving you someone to ask questions to, exercise recommendations & the correct way to perform certain exercises/stretches, etc. If you are experiencing any physical issues, no matter how small, prior to our training to start, please visit Nesin Therapy for a consultation & let them know you'll be in our programs so they can get you well in no time!
Blevins Bicycle Company began as a humble backyard shop built from the ground up from the perspective of a bicycle mechanic. From a 700 square foot shed to a massive 8000 square foot storefront in South Huntsville. Blevins Bicycle Company has always had the fundamental belief that a working bicycle is the most important aspect of cycling.
My passion for riding started over a decade ago working at various bicycle shops around North Alabama. Like any good bike shop mechanic I took my work home with me. It didn't feel like work at the time. I mean, it's my passion and I wanted folks to ride well maintained bicycles.
- M. Blevins