Join our Fleet Feet Huntsville-Madison Mentor Team!
Mentors play an important role in ensuring a great experience for our training program participants. Do you have what it takes to be a Fleet Feet Sports Mentor? We are currently looking for run and run/walk mentors for our ongoing training groups ranging from 5K to the marathon.
The Fleet Feet Sports Mentor Team is a passionate group of walk and run mentors who help people reach their goals of walking and running.
What is a Mentor?
A Mentor is an invaluable resource to our training program participants and an "on the road" representative of Fleet Feet Huntsville. Mentors attend every group workout throughout a training program to provide support. Their main responsibilities include:
- offering positive energy and a positive attitude to the group
- promoting safety and providing support during workouts
- keeping an assigned approximate pace or interval while walking or running
- running alongside participants and making sure everyone is accounted for
- educating participants about the benefits, products and solutions that Fleet Feet offers
- calling on their past personal experiences to provide knowledge, advice, and general tips when it comes to training and living healthy
- Can motivate and inspire others in a positive manner
- Has completed at least 2 races at your desired distance
- Is able to attend 80% of all twice-weekly training workouts
- Will relay critical information, suggestions and concerns to the Head Coach and/or May/Dianna/Kathy
- Is willing to run for the purpose of mentoring and not for your own workout (during group/race runs)
- Can maintain a desired pace or has access to GPS watch or GPS app for pace guidance
- Must carry hydration and wear proper visibility gear
- Is a people person and has a desire to help others achieve their goals
- Willing to be a Fleet Feet Huntsville-Madison store ambassador
- Attend Mentor Trainings
What distances can I mentor for?:
- 5k walk/run - No Boundaries
- 10K Training
- Half Marathon
- Full Marathon
- Triathlon Training (Sprint, Olympic, Half, Full)
- Trail Training (7 mile, 25k, 50k)
- Warm fuzzy feeling from knowing that you made a difference in someone's fitness journey
- Free entry into the training program you are mentoring and discounted entry into the program goal race
- Special Mentor Discount and gear
- Post-training program party!
Once we have received your application, we will contact you to set up an interview.
Questions? Email the Training Director, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or the Triathlon Training Director, email@example.com