What is a Mentor or Pacer?
A Mentor/Pacer is the most valuable resource to our training programs. They are there to inspire, encourage, and share their passion for running & walking with our participants. As the "on-the-road" guide and support crew, Mentors are critical to each program that we offer.
Pacers have the same role a Mentors; the only distinguishing factor is if a program is set up to have Mentors running specific pace goals (for example, a half-marathon training program); then they are referred to as Pacers. Pacers are selected to lead participants at specific pace rather than just interval or distance (Mentor). Each program we offer typically has one Mentor/Pacer for every 5-8 participants.
- Provide positive energy, support, and guidance to their group
- Offer on-the-run safety by always running with a cell phone
- Maintain assigned interval or average pace for every group workout
- Come to group workouts having read the weekly email and familiar with the route
- Always represent and advocate for Fleet Feet
- Provide personal running experience tips and wisdom
- Have completed a race at the distance you are Mentoring/Pacing
- Attend the pre-program team meeting & Kick-Off Party
- Commit to attending most weekly group workouts with few misses
- Set personal goals aside and commit to the training success or participants
- A strong desire to encourage and support others’ in achieving their goals
- Personable and willing to be the energy in a group
- Willing to occasionally communicate through phone, text, and email with participants
- An understanding of the Fleet Feet business and/or a customer of Fleet Feet
- All training program benefits at no cost
- 30% OFF in-store discount for duration of program
- The program giveaway and/or a Mentor training tee, half zip, hat, or visor (varies by program)
- Free race entry for target event IF planning to run or walk with participants
Please complete the application and we will contact you soon. And most importantly, THANK YOU!