SpeedPlay: Improve Speed and Efficiency
Don't let the name scare you. If you can complete a 2-mile run/walk (no matter the pace) and you are looking for a challenge or to change up your training, then SpeedPlay is for you! Besides, if you're running on your own then you can go whatever pace feels fast to you!
The goal of our speed workouts is to make you faster and more efficient. But this might just be the thing you need to remind yourself that you can do hard things during a really unusual time. Through SpeedPlay you will learn how to execute and benefit from a variety of unique track workouts and how to maintain good form when running at a harder intensity. We will also address topics like ideal race hydration, dynamic warm ups, cool downs, and body maintenance products that supplement faster workouts.
- Weekly drills and mechanics training by Nationally RRCA Certified Coaches John Zupanc and Deb Vercauteren (former UW-Oshkosh Coaches)
- Coached weekly track workouts designed to improve runner threshold speed and cardiovascular efficiency
- 8 weeks of fun on a track with other local runners of all abilities!
- BONUS: Earn your Speed Demons Sticker!
- Introduction Zoom Meeting Sunday, June 14 5:00PM
- An 8-week program that you can follow at your convenience
- Weeks included: June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20, 27, and August 3.
- Cost: NOTHING! It's free.
- Weekly communications outline the upcoming workout, any special activities, and coaching tips
- At the end of the program you will receve your virtual Speed Demon badge!!
Meet the Coaches:
John Zupanc and Deb Vercauteren are back for another summer with us and we are thrilled! Their truly incredible coaching accomplishments while at UW Oshkosh are overshadowed only by their fabulously energetic personalities. After they retired from UW Oshkosh in 2011, Deb and John have enjoyed the warmth of Arizona winters. It is perfect for all the outdoor activities they love to do: running, hiking, biking, pickleball, and golf. They love to be able to go for a comfortable walk outside after dinner. When back in Wisconsin over the summer and fall, they continue our outdoor activities and stay involved in the running community. After a successful NEW Running Retreat this spring, we cannot wait to work with them again on the track! Read More about Deb and John's coaching accomplishments...