Meet Our Team!
At Fleet Feet Fox Valley, we are lucky to have a team that is diverse, motivated, and extremely knowledgeable. Every employee at Fleet Feet Fox Valley brings a unique perspective to the store & as a team are committed to working hard every day with every customer in an "Above and Beyond" way. We hope you always enjoy your experience in the store, and feel comfortable just stopping in to get to know us better, ask questions, and get engaged in all the activities that occur at the store and in our community.
ALICIA--Retail Outfitter When Alicia's not working, you can usually find her homeschooling the kids, trail running, hiking, working on a knitting or crochet project, reading, or spending time with friends!
- Fondest Running Memory: "I’d have to say Ragnar Atlanta. It was my first ever Ragnar event, the travel (car ride) with friends and my sister, and camping. All the laughs! But then the people I met out on the course that just kept me company, and helped to keep me moving. ( I think I did the same for them!)"
- Favorite event: "Nurun Co. Highcliff Ultra. I volunteered one year and ran the 25k the next. There’s just something amazing about the people at trail races and all the yummy aid station snacks."
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Try a peanut butter and pickle sandwich! It’s amazing! You can thank me later!
AMY --Marketing Coordinator, Retail Outfitter Amy enjoys adventures with her husband & two boys. You may find her running, spending time with family and friends, volunteering for a Golden Retriever rescue, or singing along with her kids to music from their favorite band, the Barenaked Ladies.
- Fondest Running Memory: Running a 5K in Toronto in 2010 was a lot of fun! You never know what you will end up doing on a road trip adventure!
- Favorite event: Fox Cities Marathon weekend. A past participant in the 5K, marathon relay, half marathon (& the location of her only marathon!), she also enjoys watching her kids do the kids' races.
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Remember to have fun first: When you have fun, everything else falls into place."
________________________________________BRIAN--Fun Run/Walk Crew Brian stays busy when he's not running, or part of our Tuesday night Fun Run/Walk Group. He enjoys spending time with his dog Whiskey (a Weimaraner/Lab/Terrier mix), doing yard work, and spending time on the lake fishing (while it's frozen or thawed).
- Fondest Running Memory: 2013 Fox Cities Marathon, my first full. This was a huge personal goal and very emotional because the 2012 Fox Cities was supposed to be my first full.
- Favorite Event: Fox Cities Marathon weekend is up there, but Zumbro has been my most favorite event to date. A 17, 50, or 100-mile trail run in Minnesota (I did the 17).
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Worrying is like a rocking chair; it gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere." -Van Wilder.
CHAD --Spring Running Club Coach, Winter Warriors Coach, Retail Outfitter Chad enjoys spending his free time coaching cross country and track at St. Mary Catholic High School, as well as spending time with his wife and daughters.
- Fondest Running Memory: "Running a Boston Qualifying time at the Marquette Marathon and then waiting at the finish line (in the wind and rain) to see 2 training partners also qualify for Boston in the same race."
- Favorite Event: Apple Creek 50K. "Nothing beats running on flooded, hilly, and muddy trails. Best of all, it benefits are great organization."
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "During a race, smile for every camera. Always!"
HEATHER--Training Program Mentor Heather and her Husband Tom love to spend time up north at their cottage and running their two girls around! If she isn't running with her Yellow lab Cabbie or with No Boundaries, she is doing a Triathlons or volunteering for the Fox West Chamber.
- Fondest Running Memory: "Fondest running memory is doing a 10K with my youngest daughter last year, and she said, " Mom lets run together." Funny, she was faster than me and took off all by herself for the first time and won 2nd in her age bracket and I 3rd in mine. It is fun to inspire our kids and others, that is the best for me."
- Favorite Event: "Favorite event is running and being in charge of the Fox West 5K. Raising money for a great cause, working with fabulous people and getting to run. Priceless."
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "No matter what your pace, you are out there killing it!!!! Those others are cheering you on no matter walking or running."
JENNIE--Hydration Station Coordinator Jennie enjoys gardening, camping, and hanging out on the shores of Lake Michigan with her family.
- Fondest Running Memory: Jennie's first 5K was in our No Boundaries program: "I will never forget making it to the finish line with the support of the whole group. I accomplished something I never thought myself capable of and it felt good!"
- Favorite Event: 5K
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Life is a great big canvas; throw all the paint you can at it." -Danny Kaye
- Fondest Running Memory: Running the Santa Hustle in Milwaukee. Seeing everyone dressed as Santa and trying to run was hilarious! That beard ended up around my neck after 1/2 a mile.
- Favorite event: Runaway to the Bay! I loved being a part of a relay team with a few of my favorite people.
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Refuse to compare yourself to others! When I run, I am proud of myself for doing it. There will always be someone faster."
JOHN--Fun Run/Walk Crew John enjoys time with his wife Deb, concerts with his daughter Sara and running with his son Matt. Retired since July of 2011, he enjoys the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (where he has been a board member or associate board member since 1991); running (since he is one of the 19 who have completed all 24 Fox Cities marathons with the big 25th coming in 2015); golfing; watching movies; listening to all kinds of music except country; watching the Brewers, Packers, and Badgers; and volunteering at various runs throughout the year.
- Fondest Running Memory: There are actually 3. Completing my first marathon in 1988 at Milwaukee's Lakefront marathon. A finishing goal of 3:30 to 4:00 hours and actually finishing in 3:33 happy and hurting.
In 2011, after being hit hard with my MS in July with fatigue and cognitive issues, I couldn't run a mile. With the Fox Cities Marathon approaching I figured I could run/walk the marathon. Weeks before the marathon I realized that wouldn't happen. Dean Peterson said he could push me in a wheelchair but we might still be out on the course. Deb contacted Leah for suggestions and Leah got us in contact with Christian Jensen and Brian Gruender from My Team Triumph. Christian and Brian took turns pushing me for an amazing adventure.
Finally, in 2012 I was running the Fox Cities Marathon in Kaukauna at mile 10 when I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Matt who was running his first marathon. We ran together for about a mile before he took off leaving me in the dust.
- Favorite event: Fox Cities Marathon. Just an amazing, well-put together event.
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "You have to have fun when running. Find others to run with and to share the life experiences you encounter."
KATHY--Retail Outfitter Kathy enjoys spending time with her boyfriend, Casey and dog, Briggs. In her free time, you can usually find her running, at a concert or music festival, traveling, cooking/baking, at a local brewery, or on the motorcycle. She is also a HR Professional with a company in Green Bay.
- Fondest Running Memory: "Running my first OTQ in November 2020. Besides running a OTQ, this is a race I will never forget and will be one of my favorite race memories - going through each mile marker with no other feeling than pure happiness and joy reminded me of my WHY and the reason I started in the first place. If only every race and run brought those feelings! ;)"
- Favorite event: "Maritime Marathon in Manitowoc, WI. Amazing views, flat and fast course, and very spectator friendly. But, if I am being completely honest... the 400m dash will always be my #1 event. True sprinter at heart!"
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "When it starts to hurt, you better know your WHY. Because it is inevitable that it WILL get hard and you WILL be uncomfortable. So know your WHY, control your mind, lean into moving forward, and have confidence in yourself."
MATT--Fun Run/Walk Crew Matt enjoys hanging out with his friends and family, and doing races with his running family. Outside of running, Matt enjoys playing other sports and going to sporting events, and watching live music.
- Fondest Running Memory: Completing my first half marathon in Green Bay after I thought I would never run longer than a 5k. Then following that up with eventually doing my first marathon at Fox Cities Marathon
- Favorite event: Fox Cities Marathon. This is our big hometown event and I love participating in it. The community involvement is huge and it is a great race to run. Tons of crowd support.
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Go out and have fun while running. Setting PRs are great but the most important thing is to enjoy yourself."
MEGAN--Retail Outfitter Megan enjoys running, long walks with her dog and lots of coffee. Most weekends for Megan are spent finding new running trails to explore or training for one of her many races. She is currently attempting to train her black lab, Raisin, to be her running sidekick, but Raisin seems more interested in trees and nearby animals. If she's not running she's most likely at the local coffee shop reading a good book!
- Fondest Running Memory: "Running the 2018 Chicago Marathon with a 20 min PR, it was the hardest training I had put in and it definitely paid off!"
- Favorite event: "Fox Cities Marathon, it always has an amazing atmosphere with great people!"
- Piece of advice/Tip for everyone: "Remember where you started and how far you've come!"
MELISSA --Retail Outfitter Outside of work Melissa spends most of her time with her 4 kids! Her family is very active and they love all sorts of sports and activities. She also loves working out at the gym and running. Melissa earned her degree in School Counseling in 2015.
- Fondest Running Memory: She ran her first half marathon in Oshkosh in 2014 with a finishing time 10 minutes faster than her goal. "Pretty sure this was the first time I cried after a race..."
- Favorite event: The Noodleini has provided a series milestones for Melissa--she ran her first Noodleini 15K in 2012, her longest race at the time. 2013 Noodleini 15K was 3-mo post-baby #4 & faster than the previous year. The 2014 Noodleini 15K was 7 minutes faster than the previous year. Who knows what 2015 will bring!
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Listen to your body and cross train. Your body will tell you when you need to rest or take a break, when you need to get out and get going, or when you might need newer shoes. Cross training is very important for overall health and strength."
- Fondest Running Memory: Running the Madison Marathon in 2012 with MTT. "This was my first event with them, and I was on a team of elite runners (which I am not). A run I went into very nervous, turned out to be the most fun I have ever had during a marathon. Despite the cramps, injuries, and weird walk-running that occurred among the team, I can't say anyone ever got defeated, and we turned it into a great event!"
- Favorite event: Nebraska National Guard Marathon in Lincoln, NE. "This event has Generals standing on the sidelines and handing out water, and there isn't an empty spot along the course where someone from the town isn't cheering you on. (Sign up quick though, this race typically sells out within 8 minutes of opening!)"
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Attitude can make or break you - believe in yourself, keep your head up, a smile on your face, and you can accomplish anything."
TERESA--Retail Outfitter Teresa is a recent high school graduate, and we love all the knowledge that Teresa shares with customers whenever she is in the store!
- Fondest Running Memory: "I don't have an all-time favorite memory. It would just be any practice, or race, when I was running with my old team."
- Favorite Event: "Not a huge long distance person so I love all the 5Ks best."
- Advice: "Remember running is a choice. While forcing yourself to run can make you feel better, you have to love it: Whether you love the actual running, or the joy when you finish. Find what part of running that you love, and what motivates you."
TRICIA--Lead No Boundaries Coach Tricia loves to ride her Harley or relax on the patio with her husband Joe and their Boxer-mix Daisy. Too bad there aren't 11 months of summer and one month of fall! She is the proud young grandma to 'Belle and loves taking her on 'adventures'. Thank goodness she's young since it is exhausting keeping up with her!
- Fondest Running Memory: Watching the emotional faces of the No Boundaries graduates of our programs as they cross the finish line (Lucky for Tricia AND for us she gets to do this time and again!).
- Favorite Event: Rock N' Roll Chicago 1/2 Marathon
- Advice: "Gradually increase your distance and/or speed. The worst thing you can do is get too excited to be 'fast' and risk injury. Start with a 5K, then try a 10K, maybe a 15K, or half-marathon!"
WENDI--Retail Outfitter Wendi has four amazing children and a great husband! Her kids keep her very busy. She also enjoys reading.
- Fondest Running Memory: Turkey Trot. It was the first race I'd ever done after having my kids and years of not doing anything. I never though I'd be able to finish it or run as much of it as I did. And it's a great way to start an already great day of Thanksgiving!
- Favorite Event: Tough Mudder. I had to overcome some of my fears (water!) with many of the obstacles, and loved feeling fit and strong enough to finish it and complete every obstacle (it's all about the teamwork!).
- Advice: "Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."