The Fleet Feet Bloomington Mentor Team is a passionate group of runners who help people reach their goals of walking and running. Mentors play an important role in ensuring a great experience for our training program participants. Do you have what it takes to be a Fleet Feet Mentor? We are currently looking for mentors for our Fall 5K and 10K training programs.
What is a Mentor?
A Mentor is an invaluable resource to our training program participants and an "on the road" coach and representative of Fleet Feet Bloomington. Mentors attend every group workout throughout a training program to provide support to their group of participants. Their main responsibilities include: offering positive energy and a positive attitude to the group, promoting safety, leading warm-ups and/or cool-downs, keeping an assigned approximate pace or interval, educating participants about the benefits and solutions that Fleet Feet offers and being an ambassador for Fleet Feet Bloomington.
- Has completed at least one (ideally more than one) FFRC Program
- Able to attend at least 75% of workouts
- Can maintain a desired pace or interval based on a GPS watch
- Committed to following the assigned workout and not conducting their own workout
- Is not currently in-training for a specific goal or is willing to train before/after group workouts
- Understand the program, goals, roles, responsibilities and structure
- Will read all communications prior to group run to be familiar with route and workout
- Relay critical information, suggestions and concerns to the Head Coach
- Has the ability to inspire and motivate, especially beginning runners
- Is a people person and has a desire to help others achieve their goals
- Strong desire and willingness to learn about best running practices
- Believe in Fleet Feet Bloomington and be an ambassador for the store
- Warm fuzzy feeling from knowing that you made a difference in someone's running
- Free program entry including all of the benefits that the participants receive
If you believe you would be an excellent mentor for a Fleet Feet training group, please fill out the form below.
No Boundaries 5K will meet at 6:00 pm on Tuesdays and 8:00 am on Saturdays; the 10K Training Program will meet at 5:30 pm on Tuesdays and 7:30 am on Saturdays. Click here for other program details: http://www.fleetfeetbloomington.com/training