We run in all weather and light conditions, and we are proud of it! That said, safety is always number one in our book and we want you to be informed. If you are participating in any of our Training Programs in any way please educate yourself on all of our safety and weather policies below.
During much of the fall, winter, and early spring we host training runs and walks in low-light conditions. It is absolutely mandatory that every runner and walker wear some type of reflective accessory or apparel item AND some type of light. Part of being a responsible and self sufficient runner or walker is having the correct gear to keep you safe in all visibility conditions. We consider that correct gear to be BOTH reflectivity and lighting. Your safety is always our number one priority.
Cold Weather Policy
We will cancel group training sessions if the following weather related dangers are present:
- If extreme cold and/or wind
- If actual temperature is 0 degrees Fahrenheit or below
- If windchill temperature below 0 degrees Fahrenheit
- If thunderstorms with lightning present
- If ice storms, hail storms, blizzards, extremely low visibility
We will NOT cancel group training sessions if it is simply raining or snowing under typical seasonal conditions. You never know what you will get on race day, so let's be prepared for anything!
Hot Weather Policy
We will cancel or delay group training sessions if the following weather related dangers are present:
- If Dew Point exceeds 75
- If thunderstorms with lightning present within 10 mile radius
- If high winds or tornado warnings
- If hail storms, dust storms, extremely low visibility
We will Not cancel group training sessions if it is simply raining under typical seasonal conditions. You never know what you will get on race day, so let's be prepared for anything!
Planned training modifications based upon the Dewpoint:
- If Dew Point is 50-59, business as usual. No pace or distance modifications.
- If Dew Point is 60-69, pace is slowed by :15-:30 seconds. No distance/time modifications.
- If Dew Point is 70-75, pace is slowed by :30-:60 seconds. Distance/time is modified to 60-80%.
- If Dew Point is 75 or greater, training will be cancelled.