The 880v6 ($120) is perfect for neutral runners looking for a smooth ride. The BIG improvements in the 880v6 are in the fit and feel. Newly changed upper works with the foot and not against the foot providing the best fit yet. The newly added beveled heel and high toe spring make the 880v6 the smoothest version yet.
- Outsole - Full length rubber which provides a smooth feel. Carbon rubber in the heel for durability and blown rubber in the forefoot for cushion.
- Midsole - Absorb+Acteva give a memory foam feel without feeling too soft. The forefoot was given move cushion which is noticeable.
- Upper- Newly added engineered mesh was designed to work with the foot compared to feeling stiff like previous models.
Compare to - Asics Cumulus, Brooks Ghost, Saucony Ride
Fresh Foam changed New Balance running 2 years ago with the original “Fresh Foam”. Now Fresh Foam is spreading and the long awaited Vongo is here. Finally runners with pronation that look for a stability shoe can feel Fresh Foam under their foot. Perfect for the stability runner that loves a soft cushion shoe, that feels smooth and lightweight.
- Outsole - Noticeable deep channel which separates the 2 Fresh Foam compounds which leads to a stable feel.
- Midsole - Full length Fresh Foam platform. The medial side is “Overstuffed” Fresh Foam allowing the shoe to absorb the shock the foot will place on it during pronation.
- Upper- Bootie construction gives this shoe a sock like fit without feeling to tight or narrow.
Shoe Tech- 4mm drop, Men’s 9.7oz Women’s 8.25oz
Compare to - Brooks Ravenna, Nike Lunarglide, Pearl M3