Race Time: 8:00am
Guy Minick Park
Sponsored by Fleet Feet Savannah/Pooler
Get out and run/walk with your dog! Join us for a pawsitively good time at The Savannah Kennel Club’s Fast and Furriest Race.
The 5K-9 racecourse will go through the picturesque Tom Triplett Park The one mile fun walk will be a point to point walk. We will have a pup-arazzi on the course to capture all of the fun. The race time is 8:00 a.m. This is not your typical race - your four-legged friend will be timed, not the handler. All 5K-9 dog participants and their handlers will receive a finisher’s medal. Race packets include a bandana for your pup and a technical shirt for you! Awards will be given to the top three finishers in each division, but the fun doesn’t end there. We will have post-race refreshments and massages for the dog participants and their handlers.
Don’t have a dog? No worries. You can borrow a running buddy from one of our local rescues! Rescues will pair you with an appropriate running buddy.
This race is fun for the entire family! Children 9 years of age or older can participate while accompanied by a parent or guardian and in control of their running buddy.
Plan to stay for the after PAWTY! Relax after the run with a massage for you and your pup! We will have music, food trucks, thirst-quenching beer, vendor booths, canine sports and demos, and activities!
Fast and Furriest kicks off Savannah Kennel Club’s Responsible Dog Owner weekend! The fun filled family weekend includes dog sports (Dock Diving and FastCat), demonstrations and other canine activities. There will be vendor booths from local canine businesses, local rescues, and Chatham and Byan County Animal Services. We will also have meet the breeds, microchip clinics, breed rescue information, therapy dog/service dog demonstrations, health clinics, safety around dogs for kids, giveaways and other entertaining and educational activities. This event is free and open to the public.
All of the proceeds raised this weekend will go toward purchasing an AKC REUNITE (AKC Pet Disaster Relief Unit for a local surrounding County. These Units are intended to be used to provide co-location for the pets and service animals of people evaluating emergency situations. Each Unit comprises a 16ft. x 7ft. two-axle trailer with many of the materials necessary to set up an emergency shelter for fifty or more pets and service animals.Visit us at www.SavannahKennelClub.com for more event details.
An EMT and Veterinarian will be on site.
INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS:
- Dogs must be current on their rabies vaccination (6 months of age or older).
- Dogs in heat are not permitted to participate.
- Participants must be 12 years of age and must be in control of your dog.
- Dogs must be well-behaved and non-aggressive with people and other dogs.
- Keep your dog on a 6′ or shorter leash at all times (no extending leashes).
- You must clean up after your dog (bags will be provided).
- Bring your dog only if he or she will enjoy being around other people and dogs.
- Fast and Furriest Race officials and volunteers may refuse entry to any dog exhibiting behavior that could be dangerous to other dogs or participants.
- Participate only if you and your dog are in adequate physical condition.
- Friday, September 16, 2021: Fleet Feet Savannah / 12:00pm - 7:00pm
- Saturday, September 17, 2021: Guy Minick Park / 7:00am - 7:30pm
Connect With Us
see the latest from Fleet Feet Savannah