Hard to believe we are already talking about training for a race in December....but get ready because it's time to START TRAINING!
The YMCA Mistletoe Half Marathon is on Saturday December 2nd. This is a hometown favorite race through some of the most beautiful parts of Winston-Salem.
Here's how the Mistletoe Streakfest works:
* $30 registration fee
* You do not have be training for anything to join Streakfest. If this program helps you stay accountable this Fall- that's awesome! If you would like to use Streakfest to keep you on track to run the Mistletoe Half Marathon....we will provide an 'at-home' training plan for you to follow along to get ready for the half marathon distance (we recommend that by September 11th you can comfortably run or run/walk 5 miles)
* Complete 2 runs per week (minimum of 3 miles each) and post to your Strava account (change settings to public so we can see your posts)
* We track everyone weekly to see who has completed their 2 runs and who hasn't....once you miss a run you are out of the Streak.
* Earn 1 POINT every time you attend the Fiddlin' Fish Group Run on Monday Nights at 6PM or our Saturday Morning 8AM group runs
* Earn 2 POINTS when you attend our Mistletoe Training Run from the WGW YMCA on Saturday November 11th
* Earn 3 POINTS when you take part in the Ardmore RAH 5K + 10K (yes, that's a 9 mile training run!) on October 21st. You'll be able register with a special promo code for rate of $50 (you save $20 by being in the Streakfest).
* At the end of the Streak your points are traded in for entries to win a number of awesome prizes (shoes, apparel, electronics, race VIP bracelets!)
* Everyone that completes the Mistletoe Streakfest program will earn a FINISHERS long-sleeve shirt
The STREAK starts the week of September 11th and concludes with your final run being December 2nd at the YMCA Mistletoe Half Marathon.
- Do not run alone. We recommend that you find a partner that can run your similar speed and you plan to run together.
- Do not run in the street. Run on a sidewalk wherever one is available and always run facing traffic.
- Streets are not closed for these runs. You are a pedestrian and must follow traffic rules.
- No dogs permitted at Fleet Feet group runs.
- Headphones: If you choose to listen to music we recommend Shokz headphones that allow you to hear ambient noise.
- Put the Fleet Feet phone numbers in your phone in case of emergency (Winston-Salem: 336.722.8477/ Clemmons: 336.293.8660)
- In case of serious emergency dial 911
- All participants should be medically capable of running or walking the distance.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- If you choose to run/walk with a stroller you are taking full responsibility for your child.