Fall is on the way and the weather will be cooling down soon, so it is time to turn on the fitness! This program is designed for those new to running/walking, returning to running, or currently in-active, with a goal of running or walking a 5K or 10K! We structure the program to help you cross the finish line of the Subaru Battleship 5K or 10K in just 10 weeks. Along the way we’ll provide you with motivation to keep you moving, guidance and advice, weekly group training runs or walks, and educational clinics on topics such as proper nutrition, choosing the right gear, and avoiding injury.
The Program meets twice a week during the training period, once a week on Tuesday evenings at 6:15pm and once a week on Saturday mornings at 7:00am. The workouts will last about an hour to an hour and a half as we increase mileage throughout the season. The cost of the program is $100 (not including the race registration fee).
This program starts Tuesday, September 5th, and times up perfectly for Wilmington's Battleship Half Marathon 5/10K on November 12th.
Have Questions????? Come ask them at our information meeting on Tuesday, August 29th @ 6:45!
- Program for runners and walkers who want to work up to the distance and build endurance for the race.
- Group 1 – Participants who are hoping to walk the distance
- Group 2 – Participants who are hoping to introduce running into their routine
- Group 3 – Participants who are hoping to run/walk the distance
- Group 4 – Participants who are hoping to run the distance
What You Get
- Progressive 10-week Training Schedule from your head coach
- Two weekly group workouts per week (Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings)
- From Fleet Feet Wilmington Store, UNCW Track, the Cross City Trail or Downtown Wilmington
- Participant technical t-shirts
- Advice and support from physical therapists
- Educational emails on topics such as nutrition, hydration, stretching and injury prevention
- Camaraderie of other runners & run/walkers just like you!
If you have additional questions, email Coach Chris at email@example.com