It's time start thinking about our Wilminton Spring & Summer Runs. We are accepting interest for mentors now! So, if you have EXTRA RUN LOVE to share.....Join our Fleet Feet Wilmington Run Club Pace Group Leader Team!
Pace Group Leaders (PGL) play an important role in ensuring a great experience for our Fleet Feet Run Club training program participants. Do you have what it takes to be a Fleet Feet Sports PGL? We are currently looking for run and run/walk mentors for our half and full marathon training program starting in December.
The Fleet Feet Sports Pace Group Leaders Team is a passionate group of run and run/walk mentors who help people reach their goals of running or run/walking the half or full marathon.
What is a PGL?
A Pace Group Leader (PGL) is a valuable resource to our training program participants and an "on the road" representative of Fleet Feet Wilmington. Their main responsibilities include: offering positive energy and a positive attitude to the group, providing support and guidance to their group, on road safety support, keeping an assigned approximate pace while walking or running, and educating participants about the benefits that Fleet Feet offers. A PGL is a training tool for the participants for the fact that they can provide personal experiences, wisdom, and other general tips when it comes to training for 1/2 marathons, full marathons, and other road events.
We will train on Tuesdays at 6:30 pm and Saturdays at 7 am. You will have the option of participating in our Wednesday strength workout as well.
- Can motivate and inspire others in a positive manner
- Has completed at least 2 races at your desired distance.
- Is able to attend 80% of all twice-weekly training workouts
- Will relay critical information, suggestions and concerns to the Head Coach and/or Michelle
- Is willing to run for the purpose of mentoring and not for your own workout (during group/race runs)
- Can maintain a desired pace or has access to GPS watch or GPS app for pace guidance
- Must carry hydration and wear proper visibility gear
- Is a people person and has a desire to help others achieve their goals
- Attend Mentor Training/Meeting
What distances can I mentor for?:
- 5K/10K begninner
- 5K/10K speed program
- Warm fuzzy feeling from knowing that you made a difference in someone's running and/or walking
- Free entry into the training program you are mentoring
- Sponsor incentives
- 20% store discount for the duration of the program, excluding electronics and nutrition