It's time start thinking about our Wilminton Winter & Spring Runs. We are accepting interest for mentors now! So, if you have EXTRA RUN LOVE to share.....Join our Fleet Feet Wilmington Run Club Pace Group Leader Team!
Join our Fleet Feet Wilmington's Pace Group Team!
Mentors play an important role in ensuring a great experience for our training program participants. Do you have what it takes to be a Fleet Feet Sports Mentor? We are currently looking for run and run/walk mentors for our ongoing training groups ranging from 5K to the half marathon.
The Fleet Feet Wilmington's Pace Group Team is a passionate group of walk and run mentors who help people reach their goals of walking and running.
What is a Pace Group Leader?
A Pace group Leader is an invaluable resource to our training program participants and an "on the road" representative of Fleet Feet Wilmington. Mentors attend every group workout throughout a training program to provide support. Their main responsibilities include:
- offering positive energy and a positive attitude to the group
- promoting safety and providing support during workouts
- keeping an assigned approximate pace or interval while walking or running
- running alongside participants and making sure everyone is accounted for
- educating participants about the benefits, products and solutions that Fleet Feet Sports offers
- calling on their past personal experiences to provide knowledge, advice, and general tips when it comes to training and living healthy
- Can motivate and inspire others in a positive manner
- Has completed at least 2 races at your desired distance.
- Is able to attend 90% of all twice-weekly training workouts
- Is willing to run for the purpose of mentoring and not for your own workout (during group/race runs)
- Can maintain a desired pace or has access to GPS watch or GPS app for pace guidance
- Is a people person and has a desire to help others achieve their goals
- Has a strong understanding of the Fleet Feet Wilmington's business and is/has been a customer in past.
- Attend Pace group Leader Training
What distances can I mentor/pace group for?
- 5K Training
- 10K Training
- Half & Full Marathon training
- Warm fuzzy feeling from knowing that you made a difference in someone's running and/or walking
- Free entry into the training program you are mentoring
- Special Mentor Discount and Gear (excluding nutrition and electronics)
Connect With Us
see the latest from Fleet Feet Sports Wilmington