It all begins January 7th, 2023!!
The season of gloomy days, colder weather and new years resolutions are upon us. This season can also bring the hardest time of year to get out and do what we do: RUN!!
Winter Warriors is a fun and competitive way to stay active when the weather would otherwise keep us inside. We want running to continue to be a part of your day because it helps you stay mentally and physically healthy, and it connects you to your community even during the winter months.
We are here to keep it fun : join Winter Warriors!!
How it works:
- Attend group runs on Saturday morning and you’ll earn POINTS
- Show up when it is raining, snowing or in cold weather and earn bonus POINTS
- Bring a first timer to a Saturday morning group run and earn bonus POINTS
- Weekly Strava segment competitions to earn bonus POINTS
- The one with the most POINTS wins!
- We track your POINTS through Fitvil and post standings at the end of the program
- If you haven’t noticed, it’s all about the POINTS!
The Winter Warriors season ends on Saturday, February 11th, 2023, after which we will crown our overall champion!
Who It’s For:
EVERYONE! Walkers AND runners whether you are starting a New Years Resolution and need accountability or exercise every day already. We really mean it when we say Winter Warriors is for everyone. The goal of the program is to give you incentives to keep moving, no matter the weather.
What Winter Warriors includes:
- 6 weeks of point-eligible group runs from January 7th, 2023 to February 11th, 2023
- Our FIRST annual pancake run on January 7th, 2023 following our 6am group run sponsored by Alwrld
- Technical shirt in your preferred size if you register by December 26, 2022
- Weekly opportunities to run (rain or shine)
How do you qualify for extra points based on weather?
If it is raining, snowing or precipitating of any kind when your run starts, the point is awarded. Another bonus point is earned if the temperature is below 30 degrees when the run starts. Both of these metrics will be ultimately determined by the Fleet Feet staff member present at the run.
- All participants must sign the waiver to run with our group
- Check in AND check out at each Saturday group run
- Points are generated once you check out with the Fleet Feet staff member
- You must sign out! If you’d like to run farther than the standard routes, first checkout before continuing. This allows staff to have everyone checked out in a reasonable timeline.
- Run at your own risk! Please consider safety and personal limits when joining a run. If you have questions on how to prepare for dark, cold, winter conditions, please ask our staff! We are ready to help you run through the winter and be safe!
How Do I Earn Points?
+1 point - Run a Winter Warrior Saturday morning run at 6am. There is a standard 7 mile loop but all paces and distances are welcome!!
+1 extra point - Run is 30 degrees or below (official temperatures are based on Fleet Feet Staff’s weather app at the run)
+1 extra point - Run in rain or snow
+1 extra point - Bring a first timer to the Saturday group run
+1 extra point - Completing a specific Strava segment for that specific week. Weekly Strava segments will be released every Saturday afternoon and must be completed by Friday at 6pm. Must show Fleet Feet staff member on Saturday morning proof of completing the segment throughout the week.
Connect With Us
see the latest from Fleet Feet Tuscaloosa