Catalina State Park Half Marathon and 5.3 Mile Trail Race - 2024
Sunday, April 7, 2024
Additional race information can be found at http://www.everyoneruns.net/.
Southern Arizona's Favorite Trail Race! Two distances: half marathon and 5.3 miles. Your race starts & finishes at the park trailhead and travels the trails of this magnificent park, including the “92 and 48 Stair Climb." Half Marathon adds in the Bridal Trail out-and-back and then a second run of the main course to make a full 13.1 miles. Half marathon time limit is 3:00.
Overall male/female & age group medals for both events, male and female sized short sleeve tech or cotton shirts (your choice!), free Mexican breakfast, free coffee, free professional race photos, free running shoes for overall 1st place male and female, and lots of nice raffle prizes. When you enter, you'll receive $15 off your purchase of $50 or more at Fleet Feet, and a loaf of free bread from Beyond Bread with your online order. Now, that's value for your running dollars you won't get anywhere else!
Bring your family, bring your team, bring yourself!
For event details, please visit everyoneruns.net. Dogs are not permitted for liability reasons.
Tucson, AZ US 85737
Important Event Instructions and Bib Pick-up
April 7 Catalina State Park Half Marathon & 5.3 Mile Trail Run Course Instructions - Please Read Completely!!!
Bib pick-up for those that registered before March 31 at noon will take place only at Fleet Feet on Tanque Verde from April 1-3, 10am-6pm.
After April 3, for all registrants, and those that registered between April 1-3, bib pick-up will only be at the Oracle Rd. Fleet Feet from April 4-5, 10am-6pm, and on April 6 from 10am - 3pm. Please note, that if you registered on April 4 or 5, your bib will only be available the day after. If you registered on April 6, your bib will only be available at the race. Race day bib pick-up is available race morning from 5:30am to 6:50am.
Half marathon start: 7:00 a.m. 5.3 miler start: 7:20 a.m.
Directions to Catalina State Park
From the south: take Oracle Rd six miles north of Ina Rd. and turn right at Catalina State Park. The start line & parking lot are 1.8 miles at the end of the main road.
From the north: take Oracle Rd. south one-half mile south of Tangerine Rd. Turn left into the park. The start line & parking lot are 1.8 miles at the end of the main road.
Park Entry Passes: all participants will be required to purchase a $7.00 parking pass at sign-up or at packet pick-up at Fleet Feet (cash or check only), as we will not be providing shuttle bus service. If you already have a state park pass, there is no need to buy one from us. To move traffic more quickly through the park entry, we ask that you buy the one-day pass from us. Parking will be available in the main lot and on the road shoulders.
Changing Events: this is extremely important. Changing distances must be done by April 5 by emailing the race director at email@example.com Changing events without notifying anyone will cause a huge mess with our ability to provide results. If you do switch distances after the start of the race, your time will not count for overall and age group awards. Please remember that thehalf marathon is only for runners. You are always welcome to walk the 5.3 miler. Half marathon time limit is 3:00.
· The start/finish line is in front of the main parking lot, which is at the end of the park’s main road. You’ll start on a very short portion of the main road straight to the entry to the Nature Trail (yes, big hill first!), which you will run/walk clockwise.
· After descending the Nature trail, you will go left onto Canyon Loop, then left to the Romero Pools Trail (clockwise) for a .9 mile out and back (monitors will be there for directions).
· You will next travel left off the Romero Pools Trail and back onto the Canyon Loop, heading west to the Birding Trail loop.
· On the Birding Loop you will travel clockwise for a one-mile loop and then across the wash to the park’s main road.
- 5.3 milers will then turn left to the finish.
- Half marathoners will turn right off of the Nature Trail and run the Bridal Trail to the start of th 50-Year Trail and then turnaround to head back to the intersection of the Bridal and Nature Trail. At that point half marathoners, for a second time, will turn right and head back to run the Birding, Canyon Loop, Romero out and back, and Nature Trails. Once finished with the Nature Trail, you will run to the finish line. Half marathon time limit is 3:00.
· You will not get lost, as long as you pay attention to our directional markers and course monitors.
· NEVER run up or down a wash and you’ll be on the course! You will only cross washes, never run up or down. Finally, there will be some areas of traffic on the course. Please do not run or walk 2-3 across and always listen to course monitors for instructions.
Water Stations: all participants should carry their own water. We will have water before the Nature Trail and bottled water prior to the Birding Trail. For half marathoners, there will be a water stop on the Bridal Trail that you can catch in both directions. If you take a bottle, it is your responsibility to carry it throughout the race. No littering please!
Timing: all timing will be done with chip timing. Your chip will be attached to the back of your race bib. If you do not wear your bib you will not receive a time and you will not be eligible to win an overall or age group award. Please remember to wear your bib on the front of your body. Half marathon time limit is 3:00.
Headsets/Music: If you choose to wear headsets you implicitly agree that you are using it your own risk. It is incredibly important for you to hear others approaching and asking to pass, so please keep the volume at a level that will allow others to hear you. Safety is our #1 concern.
Shirts: participant finisher shirts will be handed out to you before and after the race. Unfortunately, we cannot change sizes at the finish. This will ensure that everyone gets what they ordered. You are welcome to ask when the race is complete.
Post-race food, drink: when you hit the finish-line grab yourself a free bottle of water and enjoy our always free Mexican breakfast courtesy of Everyone Runs (for paid participants only). We will never close the course. Food, drink, and friendly faces will await you no matter when you finish!
Awards: Our awards ceremony will start as each event concludes.
· Overall and age group awards will be for male and female overall 1st, 2nd & 3rd and in five-year male and female age groups.
· Exact age groups for both events, specifically for ages 19 and younger and 80+, will be determined based on the number of runners in those age groups and will be decided fairly and at our discretion.
Race results will be posted no later than 1:00 p.m. atwww.everyoneruns.net.
For fast viewing of your finish time, simply enable participant tracking when you enter on Run Sign Up and you will have your result sent immediately to your phone!
Thanks so much for choosing to run/walk with Everyone Runs, Everyone Walks! We appreciate your support.
Photos and Results from the 2024 Arizona Trail Race
Free INSANITY Workout
5:45am - 6:15am | Fleet Feet Tucson, 7301 E Tanque Verde Rd, Tucson, AZ 85715
Description:Join us for a FREE INSANITY Cross training workout every Tuesday at 6:00am this …Learn More ›
Thirsty Thursday Fun Run
6:30pm - 7:30pm | Westbound, 267 South Avenida del Convento #12, Tucson, AZ 85745; Three Canyons Beer and Wine Bar 4999 N Sabino Canyon ROad
Description:Join us for our Thirsty Thursday Fun Run, now at two locations! Join us at Tap &…Learn More ›
Connect With Us
see the latest from Fleet Feet Sports Tucson