A Banner Year for Giving at Fleet Feet
As most of you know, Fleet Feet Tucson is a locally owned business focused on helping our community. It has always been extremely important to us to give back to as many organizations as we possibly can. Over the past 12 years we have contributed money, time and products to hundreds of charitable efforts and will continue doing so going forward. But, we can honestly say that thanks to your continued support and loyalty of our business, 2015 was a banner year for our community giving programs.
- 309 pairs of shoes
- 233 pairs of socks
- 17 sports bras
- 200+ other essential items
- Over 300 water bottles,
- 300 Loop Safely information materials
- 100 safety whistles
- 250 Loop maps to users of the path
- 12 pedestrian/cyclist safety signs on the Loop
- Self-defense courses
- Southern Arizona Roadrunners' Children's Fitness Fund, with a $500 donation to support children's running programs in Tucson
- Youth on Their Own, with over 1000 gently used customer-donated shoes channeled directly to the feet of our community's youth. We also collected food/hygiene/household items for YOTO.
- Ben's Bells, with cash donations from Spring Diva Brunch
- The Neighborhood Food Pantry, with food and cash donations from Fall Diva Night.
- Southern Arizona Children's Advocacy Center, with nearly $750 in cash donations from the Fleet Feet Club Santa Run. Our own Matt Tucker donated one of his amazing sketch prints, which fetched a sizeable amount of the donation through raffle tickets.
- Girls on the Run of Tucson, in partnership with individuals and organizations we provided much-needed footwear to over 40 participants.
- Numerous (too many to list) organizations, schools, charities and associations in Sothern Arizona with cash, product and time donations.