Why You Should Be Cross Training
If you want to reach your full potential as a runner, cross-training is an essential part of a balanced training plan. Because running takes you only through forward motion, runners have a tendency to tighten up and become underdeveloped in many areas.
Cross-training for runners is essential for two reasons: 1) It allows your body to strengthen less-used muscle groups while 2) continuing aerobic training with less impact on the musculoskeletal system. What’s more, cross-training helps runners avoid boredom and burnout.
Using body weight or resistance bands, runners can significantly increase their degree of mobility and stability, which will have a major effect on their movement patterns. Runners can see improvements from mobility and stability exercises, including:
- Muscle Strength
- Injury prevention
- Increased range of motion
FFXT is a strength and conditioning class designed to develop participants' functional strength as well as cardiovascular fitness. It is not a running program, although the workouts are designed with runners and triathletes in mind. The exercises and movements included in the class are designed to help athletes learn to recruit the proper muscles so that they can go about their daily lives and running, biking, and swimming with strength.
Another round of Fleet Feet X-Training starts Monday, July 12th at Ryder Park. Sign up now for our 11 week, strength and conditioning class designed to make you stronger, leaner, and more efficient in how you move.
Get a sweat going and a good workout in while developing your physical strength and cardiovascular fitness. Our weekly strength and conditioning workout is designed you to get stronger and leaner, and it has the added bonus of adding some diversity to your training.
Is FFXT for you?
FFXT is appropriate for runners, triathletes, and other active individuals looking to add a new element to their routine. Previous resistance training is helpful but not necessary.
Each session will be held outside at Ryder Park in Dewitt and lasts 45 minutes. A typical class will include warm-up, cool-down, group strength exercises, and conditioning drills.
- When: Mondays starting July 12, 2021 at 5:30 pm OR 6:30pm
- Cost: $99 for 11 weeks
- Questions? Contact Coach Bethany Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A full refund will be given to anyone up to midnight of the first day of the session if a valid reason is given for needing to cancel a membership.
- A refund of 75% will be given for those that provide a valid canceling reason up to two weeks in to any 10-week program such as No Boundaries and FFXT or up to three weeks for any program that is more than 10 weeks long such as the distance or triathlon programs.
- After the two or three week period, depending on the length of the program, no refund will be given if a member needs to stop participating in the programs for any reason.
- A participant can transfer their program entry fee, in its full amount, to a future program if a valid transfer reason is provided within the first three weeks of the program.
- Fleet Feet will provide a 50% transfer value of the program entry fee if a transfer is necessary within the first five weeks of the program.
- After the five week period, no transfers will be allowed if a member needs to stop participating in the programs for any reason.