Fleet Feet Syracuse is the official training program for Syracuse's most popular and challenging race! This is a 10 week, coached program that will prepare you for the Mountain Goat or a spring half marathon of your choosing. You will receive instruction at all group runs, a weekly email from the coach with important training tips, and an online training schedule to follow for the duration of the program. Training will focus on gaining endurance, hill technique, hydration, nutrition, and pacing. Runners should be able to complete at least three continuous miles prior to the start of the program.
- Who: Anyone looking to run the Mountain Goat or a spring Half Marathon. Runners of all abilities are welcome!
- When and Where: Wednesday evenings (long distance speed workout) @ 5:45 p.m. at Onondaga Lake Park and Sunday mornings (long run) @ 8:30 a.m. at Fleet Feet Sports in DeWitt. Sunday runs will move to Green Lakes Park for hill training after the snow has melted.
- Start Date: Wednesday, February 26th
- Cost: $125 for the 10 week program or $115 for Fleet Feet Training alumni. (email Coach Laura for alumni code).
- Shirt: An optional program-specific tech shirt is available for ~$30
- Includes: Training plan and pace group runs. DOES NOT include race entry.
- Goal Event: Mountain Goat, Flower City Half Marathon , Earth Day Half Marathon