Fleet Feet Syracuse's Half-Iron Triathlon Training Program is a 35-week program running from Thursday, November 29, 2018 - Sunday, August 4, 2019. It will include twice-weekly group workouts, detailed training plans, and race scenario practice.
There will be the following breaks with no in-person group workouts: holiday break from Sunday, December 23, 2018 - Wednesday, January 2, 2019 and a mid-season break between the Winter Triathlon Program and Spring Triathlon Programs. During these breaks, athletes will have workout schedules delivered to them via the online training log Final Surge; they can complete these workouts on their own.
Goal races for this program are either Tupper Lake Tinman (Saturday, June 29, 2019) or Musselman Triathlon (Sunday, July 14, 2019). Race registration costs are not included in the training program fees.
Athletes will receive registration codes to be able to register for Winter Triathlon and Spring Triathlon so they can select their pool and bike timeslots.
Start Date: Thursday, November 29, 2018
When and Where:
- Winter Triathlon: Thursday, November 29, 2018 - Saturday, March 9, 2019
- Thursday evenings at Southwest Community Center Pool (230 Lincoln Avenue) - either 7:00 p.m. OR 8:00 p.m. time slot
- Saturday mornings at Fleet Feet Dewitt (5800 Bridge Street) - either 6:45 a.m. OR 8:15 a.m. time slot
- Spring Triathlon: Thursday, May 2, 2019 - Sunday, August 4, 2019
- Thursday evening swim indoor swim sessions OR open water swim at Jamesville Beach
- Saturday morning group rides at various locations
- Training schedules for all 35 weeks of the program
- Indoor spin sessions during winter season
- Pool time and swim instruction during winter and early spring season
- Open water swim practice at Jamesville Beach leading up to goal race
- Crewed and supported group rides in preparation for goal race
- An informational clinic on training/race day nutrition and pacing strategies
Information Session: An Information Session about this program will be held on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at Fleet Feet Syracuse - Clay
Questions? Email Coach Laura at email@example.com
- A full refund will be given to anyone up to midnight of the first day of the session if a valid reason is given for needing to cancel a membership.
- A refund of 75% will be given for those that provide a valid canceling reason up to two weeks in to any 10-week program such as No Boundaries and FFXT or up to three weeks for any program that is more than 10 weeks long such as the distance or triathlon programs.
- After the two or three week period, depending on the length of the program, no refund will be given if a member needs to stop participating in the programs for any reason.
- A participant can transfer their program entry fee, in its full amount, to a future program if a valid transfer reason is provided within the first three weeks of the program.
- Fleet Feet will provide a 50% transfer value of the program entry fee if a transfer is necessary within the five weeks of the program.
- After the five week period, no transfers will be allowed if a member needs to stop participating in the programs for any reason.