Syracuse Half Marathon Training Program
Syracuse Half Marathon Training Progam
This 11-week, coached program will get you ready to run the Syracuse Half Marathon! You will receive coaching at in-person group runs twice per week, a weekly email from your head coach with important training tips, and an online training schedule to follow for the duration of the program. Participants also receive access to our private Facebook group page with fellow runners and coaches to share tips, ask questions, and motivate one another with encouragement and funny memes.
Without a target, you have nowhere to aim.
Our Distance Training Program is designed for runners looking to make the leap to longer distances, set a new personal record, stay in good physical shape, or cross-running a half marathon off their bucket list. Training will focus on gaining endurance, hill technique, hydration, nutrition, and pacing. Participants should be able to run at least three continuous miles prior to the start of training.
The Goal Race:
When all else fails, a goal race with friends can motivate you to keep your training on pace.
The goal races for this program is the Syracuse Half Marathon. Please don't hesitate to reach out with questions.
- Who: Anyone looking to run a half marathon or similar distance event. Runners of all abilities and paces are welcome! Should be able to complete 3 miles prior to signing up.
- When and Where: Wednesday evenings for a long-distance workout at 5:45 pm at Willow Bay Park; and Sunday mornings for a long run at 8:00 am at Fleet Feet in DeWitt
- Program Starts: Wednesday, January 25, 2023
- Cost: $150 for 12- weeks. Receive $10 off if you're a Fleet Feet Training alumni (email SyracuseTraining@FleetFeet.com for the alumni code).
- Shirt: An optional program-specific tech shirt is available for ~$30
- Includes: Training plan and pace group runs
Questions? Email SyracuseTraining@FleetFeet.com
- A full refund will be given to anyone up to midnight of the first day of the session if a valid reason is given for needing to cancel a membership.
- A refund of 75% will be given for those that provide a valid canceling reason up to two weeks into any 10-week program such as No Boundaries and FFXT or up to three weeks for any program that is more than 10 weeks long such as the distance or triathlon programs.
- After the two or three-week period, depending on the length of the program, no refund will be given if a member needs to stop participating in the programs for any reason.
- A participant can transfer their program entry fee, in its full amount, to a future program if a valid transfer reason is provided within the first three weeks of the program.
- Fleet Feet will provide a 50% transfer value of the program entry fee if a transfer is necessary within the first five weeks of the program.
- After the five-week period, no transfers will be allowed if a member needs to stop participating in the programs for any reason.
Connect With Us
see the latest from Fleet Feet Syracuse