I would love to join The Movement but I work on September 6, 7 & 11. Can I still join?
You bet! Our kick-off events on September 6, 7 & 11 are the first opportunity for people to get started, but it is not your only weigh in opportunity. If you can not make one of the initial weigh ins please contact Cherise at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a convenient time to come in.
What exactly is going to be taking place at the kick-off event on September 6, 7 & 11?
From 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. on the 6th and 7th and from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the 11th, you will be able to come in to register and/or complete your first weigh in so you can maximize your time in the program. Initial weigh ins will also include measurements of five key body points in order to compare with your end-of-program measurements. In many cases when you make a lifestyle change your body will show signs of that new healthy lifestyle as well as the scale!
There will be information for program participants, recommendations and an opportunity to ask questions. We’ll also check to make sure we have your email address in our system correctly and answer any questions about the private The Movement Facebook page.
How much does the 12-week program cost?
The Movement Weight Loss Challenge is only $40 with the opportunity to earn $25 back in Fleet Feet Sports gift cards (details below) plus earn some really cool prizes along the way as you succeed. Additionally, the e-newsletters will be full of deals and promos exclusively for you! The Movement Healthy Living Challenge is $120, which includes The Weight Loss Challenge as well as entry into one of Fleet Feet Sport's amazing training programs.
What does my program fee get me?
As a participant, you will work on your own to lose the weight, but we’ll provide support along the way:
- Weekly weigh ins at the store
- Weekly e-newsletters
- A closed group (private) page on Facebook with unlimited access to our coaches, Fleet Feet staff, nutritionists and other great resources
- Fun ideas to get out and moving around Syracuse
- Injury prevention
- Nutrition resources
- Prize incentives along the way
- The Healthy Living Challenge also includes entry into one of Fleet Feet Sports' awesome training programs to keep you moving and active through the entire program.
How do I earn some of my money back?
- Receive a $25 Gift Certificate to Fleet Feet Sports if you lose at least 3% of your body weight at the end of the program on November 26th (i.e., a 200lb person has to lose 6lbs). Participants are not eligible before the final week.
- Participants can miss up to two weigh-ins throughout the 12-week program to still be eligible for the gift certificate. Participants must be present for their final weigh in in order to be eligible for their $25 reward at the end of the program. If for some reason you cannot make the designated final weigh in times please contact Cherise at email@example.com. ***The gift certificates are non-transferable.
I’m not registered yet, is there a cut-off date?
Online registration ends at 11:59 p.m. on Monday, September 5. Those interested in joining the program can still register in person at the Dewitt or Clay store through Sunday, September 11th at 1 p.m. Cash or check only will be accepted in store.
Can you recommend an eating program?
There is no one perfect eating program that we can recommend for everyone. Fortunately, the program will give you access to several nutritionists and dietitians associated with the CNY Dietetic Association that will be available to answer your specific questions and, if need be, work with you to find the tools you need.
I want to get moving as well. What do you recommend?
We can definitely help! The Movement Healthy Living Challenge will include entry into one of Fleet Feet Syracuse's amazing training programs. This will provide for you the best workout opportunities for your ability and skill level and give you that accountability and group support to keep you moving!
When can I weigh in?
- Initial weigh ins will take place Tuesday, September 6th, from 4-6 p.m., Wednesday, September 7th, from 4-6 p.m. and Sunday, September 11th, from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. You only need to come once during those times.
- Regular weekly weigh ins will take place any time during our normal business hours: Tuesday-Friday: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m., Saturday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., and Sunday: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. We cannot accommodate weigh in’s on Mondays. We recommend that you pick a day and approx. time that works for your schedule and come on a regular basis. Not only will this encourage you to stick to the program and not miss your weigh ins, it will make your information more consistent week to week.
- Final weigh ins will be held Tuesday, November 22nd, 4-6 p.m., Wednesday, November 23rd, 4-6 p.m., and Saturday, November 26th, 10 a.m.- 12 p.m.
I’m self-conscious about my body and weight—do I really have to be weighed in public?
Our weigh ins will take place in one of the private dressing rooms with a sales associate. Our entire team is trained to use the scale and gather the information we need each week. All you need to do when you show up is let someone know you’re here for your weekly weigh in. Once your weight is recorded, the info slip will be dropped in a box in the office.
Bottom line: your privacy is our priority and our team is professional and respectful. No one will have access to your information beyond the program coordinators.
What should I wear for weigh ins?
That is up to you; although we do ask that you remain at least modestly clothed for your weigh in. Some people will prefer to have a ‘weigh in outfit’ for consistency purposes. That’s perfectly fine. You will be invited to remove shoes and any extras you don’t want included (i.e. cell phone, jewelry, layers, etc.).
How many times can I weigh in each week?
One time each week. No exceptions, no taking the lowest weight. Remember, there is a competition component to this, but it’s really about your health and longer term benefits.
I want to sign up for The Movement Healthy Living Challenge but which training program is right for me?
If you want to get fit and active and looking to increase your intensity walking, Walk Fit is for you. Learn more about this program here.
If you are new to running or interested in building up to a 5K, the No Boundaries program is for you. Learn more about this program here.
If you already a runner and want to work on speed, the 5K/ 10K (Personal Best) program is for you. Learn more here.
If you are interested in more cross training and strength activities, FFXT would be great for you. Learn more here.
*If you need that accountability and want to earn that $25 gift certificate for losing weight, be sure to sign up for The Movement Healthy Living Challenge. Do NOT sign up for the training program separately, there's a reduced price when you sign up for the Healthy Living Challenge! There will be an opportunity to pick your program within the sign-up page.