Get Fit. Have Fun. Lose Weight.
Registration is now closed. If you would still like to join The Movement please email Cherise at email@example.com
A new session of The Movement has started! The Movement is a community-wide challenge to lose weight together and make mindful choices to lead a healthy lifestyle. Fleet Feet Sports, Syracuse most recently offered The Movement program in early 2016 and it was a great success.
Dates: September 6, 2016 – November 26, 2016
We challenge you to help the community lose weight and make healthy choices - Fleet Feet Sports style!
There will be prize incentives and countless opportunities to be active outside as you enjoy our beautiful city... all while shedding some pounds and having FUN!!! We will celebrate everyone’s accomplishments, and crown the overall weight loss champions at an awards celebration in December 2016.
The Movement Weight Loss Challenge is a 12-week challenge to get the residents of Central New York to lose weight! As a participant, you will work on your own to lose the weight through healthy eating and exercise, but we’ll provide support along the way:
- Weekly weigh-ins
- Weekly e-Newsletter with tips, coaching and recipes
- Closed group page on Facebook with unlimited access to our coaches, Fleet Feet staff, nutritionists and other great resources
- Nutritional advice and guidance
- Fun ideas to get out and moving around Syracuse
- Injury prevention
- Prize incentives along the way
Program Cost: $40 per participant
*you will earn $25 back and several prize incentives along the way if you stick with the program!
Participants who are unable to afford the program can apply to be a scholarship member.
Dates: September 6, 2016 – November 26, 2016
The Movement Healthy Living Challenge contains everything The Weight Loss Challenge includes PLUS entry into one of Fleet Feet Sport's amazing training programs: Walk Fit, No Boundaries, 5K/10K (Personal Best), or FFXT
- Walk Fit: Anyone looking to get moving with a fun and social walking program. Meets Saturdays at 8:30 am at Griffin Visitor Center, Onondaga Lake Park. Training begins 9/17/16.
- No Boundaries: Beginners wanting to learn to run or runners looking to train with a group gearing up for a 5K race. Meets Saturdays at 8:30 am at Griffin Visitor Center, Onondaga Lake Park. Training begins 9/17/16.
- 5K/10K (Personal Best): An intermediate program designed for runners who are able to complete a 5K and want to work on their speed, efficiency and overall endurance. Meets Saturdays at 8:30 am at Griffin Visitor Center, Onondaga Lake Park. Training begins 9/17/16.
- FFXT: A strength and conditioning class designed to develop participants’ physical strength as well as cardiovascular fitness. Meets Mondays at 5:45 pm at Ryder Park in Dewitt. Training begins 9/19/16.
Program Cost: $120 per participant for both a training program and the weight loss program
How it Works:
Initial Weigh Ins
All participants are required to attend an initial weigh in time and get your initial weight recorded, as well as initial body measurements. Dates and times for initial weigh ins/body measurements are:
Tuesday, September 6, 4-6 p.m. at your designated store
Wednesday, September 7, 4-6 p.m. at your designated store
Sunday, September 11, 11-1 p.m. at your designated store
Pick A Store
When you register for The Movement, you will choose whether you would prefer to do the program through the Dewitt store or the Clay store. Both groups will work toward the same goal and be in the program together, but those that do the program through Clay will complete all weigh ins at Clay, initial and final weights and measurements and those that choose Dewitt will complete the program at Dewitt. There will be one combined party at the completion of the program for prizes and recognition at the Dewitt store.
Weigh in Tuesday through Sunday at your chosen Fleet Feet Sports location. Discuss how your workouts are going and pick up any new materials needed to aid in your personal goal to lose weight.
Track Your Progress
You are encouraged to keep a daily journal of your personal progress. In addition, we invite you to stay focused by becoming a part of the closed group on Facebook. Here you can exchange success stories and stay motivated by connecting with other community members who are joining together to lose a ton of weight for our city.
Lose Weight and Gain Prizes
- Receive a $25 Gift Certificate to Fleet Feet Sports when you meet the 3% weight loss goal at the end of the program on November 26th (i.e., a 200lb person has to lose 6lbs).
- Participants can miss up to two weigh-ins throughout the 12-week program to still be eligible for the gift certificates. Participants must be present for their final weigh in in order to be eligible for their $25 reward. If for some reason you cannot make the designated final weigh in times please contact Cherise at firstname.lastname@example.org.
***The gift certificates are non-transferable.
PLUS... receive good, better and even better prizes when you reach one of our “Race Clubs” at the end of the program. Gift certificates will be able to be picked up at your designated store. ***Prizes will be handed out at the celebration event in December.
- 5K Club (3.1lbs in weight loss) - a good prize
- 10K Club (6.2lbs in weight loss) - a better prize
- Half Marathon Club (13.1lbs in weight loss) - an even better prize
- Marathon Club (26.2lbs in weight loss) - a really super cool prize
- Ultra Club (any weight loss 31lbs or more) - the very best of prizes... and a well-earned pat on the back!
The Movement Weight Loss Challenge is inclusive on all levels. If you are interested in becoming a scholarship member of The Movement Weight Loss Challenge please send a letter of 500 words or less as to why you want to participate in The Movement. Applications are due by September 1, 2016. Scholarship applications can be emailed to email@example.com. Selected applicants will be notified by email on or before September 3rd.
Commit to Helping Syracuse Get Healthy!
Once you have registered you can take part in the virtual Q&A session on the main Fleet Feet Sports, Syracuse Facebook page. The virtual Q&A session will take place on Saturday, September 3, 2016 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Have questions? Get answers here: FAQ's