By Coach Michele Maciejewski
Running can be simple and easy. All it takes is a pair of running shoes, some willpower and a place to move. That’s why I got into it. But running well takes more, which is why I stayed with it.
Running asks us to make a plan for going further or faster or both. It implores us to prepare our bodies for the high impact, high intensity that is a run. Running challenges us to push ourselves up hills or quickly across straightaways over and over again. It begs us to take care of our bodies in between so that we may continue our fitness journeys for years to come.
And it’s difficult to know where to start and how to continue, especially without a community to support you. That’s where Fleet Feet Running Club’s Annual Distance Program comes into play.
Four of my favorite things that can get us out the door to run every day:
- Knowing someone is waiting for us
- Having a goal to strive towards
- Having a plan to follow
- Investing in your training (no one wants to waste time or money!)
The 2019 Fleet Feet Running Club (FFRC) Annual Distance Program provides those tools, and so much more. From now until November 30th, you can register to train from January 1st until December 31st for $365, just $1/day.
Are your health and running goals worth $1/day? Check out our website for more information.
What we accomplished in 2018:
- We had more than 180 people enrolled in the program, running through the cold (-10 degree) and heat (80 degree temps), and in snow, wind, sun and rain.
- More than 30 completed a marathon
- At least 100 ran one or more half marathons, the Mountain Goat 10 Miler or Boilermaker 15k
- Many got PRs (personal records) in various distances, some won awards in their age groups or even overall
- We had at least 3 people qualify for the Boston Marathon, one by a margin of 20 minutes
- And a group of more than a dozen competed in the Mind the Ducks 12-hour race, several running at least 50k or 50 miles.
If you’re a veteran to the program, here’s what’s new & improved:
- Final Surge online training platform will feature more detailed workouts, training topics & tips and private message boards to sound off on training topics and get certified coaching advice.
- 2 Sessions with NormaTec Boots (normally $20/session) to help speed recovery between hard workouts and long runs or after a goal race.
- Yoga or Cross-Training Class every month.
- Different In-Store Deals on necessary, pertinent and fun training gear every month.
- 12 Months of Training. From Jan 1 - Dec. 31, we’ll give you in-person training or online plans to get you through winter, holidays and every day in between.