The Flavor of Fall: Pumpkin Spice
It’s the time of year when it’s easy to find pumpkin-flavored, limited-editions of your favorite products sneaking onto the shelves. Here’s a compiled list of products that you are bound to find this fall at your favorite store and coffee shop.
** Note: Read the labels and monitor sugar content. Most of these limited-edition products have a higher sugar content than their original version to off-set the bitterness that typically comes with pumpkin spices. The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends < 35 of sugar per day for women and < 40 g of sugar per day for men. For the athletes I work with, I am comfortable with keeping sugars between 40-50 g. Keep track of your sugar content and enjoy the fall flavors!
- Siggi’s Pumpkin & Spice Yogurt
- Noosa Pumpkin Spice Yogurt
- Chobani Flip in Pumpkin Harvest Crisp
- RX Bars in Pumpkin Spice
- Muuna Pumpkin Spice Cottage Cheese
- Life Cereal in Pumpkin Spice
- Frosted Flakes in Pumpkin Spice
- Special K Pumpkin Spice Crunch Cereal
- Cheerios Pumpkin Spice Cereal
- Nestle Coffee Mate in Pumpkin Spice
- Silk Creamer in Pumpkin Spice
- Halo Top in Pumpkin Pie
- Talenti Carmel Apple Pie Gelato
- Thomas’ Pumpkin Spice English Muffins & Bagels
- Pepperidge Farms Milano Cookie in Pumpkin Spice
- Snyder’s of Hanover Pretzel Pieces in Pumpkin Spice
- Archer Farms (Target product): Pumpkin Pie Snack Bites, Pumpkin Pie Caramel Corn with Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Spice Trail Mix
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
- DD’s Pumpkin Spice Coffee
Trader Joe’s Products (find them at the store located on Erie Blvd, Dewitt)
- Pumpkin O’s (GF)
- Pecan Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Pancake Mix (GF)
- Pumpkin Cranberry Crisps
- Pumpkin Spice Granola Bark (GF)
- Harvest Spice Trail Mix
- Pumpkin spice Coffee
- Sweet Potato Pizza Crust (GF)
Recipe: Overnight Pumpkin Oatmeal
Source: The Plant-Powered Dietitian
- ½ C old-fashioned oats (regular or GF)
- ¾ C plain plant-based milk
- ½-1 Tbsp pure maple syrup or honey (depending upon your preference, may omit)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ C canned pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- Place oats in a mason jar or 2-cup container.
- Add plant-based milk, maple syrup or honey, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin, pumpkin seeds, and ground flax seed. Cover with a lid and shake really well (or stir with a spoon). Refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, enjoy warm or cold. Add additional plant-based milk to achieve desired consistency.
Katina’s recommendation: Add 1 scoop of your favorite plant-based protein powder. Add additional plant-based milk to achieve desired consistency.