Source: Taste for Life
Use this recipe for your next picnic gathering!
Preparation Time: 35 minutes + 1 hour chill time
- 2 lbs. red-skinned potatoes, chopped into approximately 1” chunks (leave skin on for extra fiber!)
- ¾ C low-fat mayonnaise **See Cooking Variations below for healthy mayonnaise options
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tsp sugar (or to taste)
- 1 Tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 C thinly sliced radishes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/8 C chopped fresh dill
- Place chopped potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 15-18 minutes, or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain potatoes and set aside to cool.
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Gently stir mixture in to cooled potatoes.
- Add radishes and eggs to potatoes, tossing gently to mix.
- Transfer salad to fridge and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with dill and serve.
- Healthy picks and substitutions for mayo: Earth Balance, Sir Kennsington, or choose any vegan mayo.
- Other whole food substitutions for mayo: mashed up avocado, pesto, hummus, or olive oil.
Katina Sayers is the owner/operator of Katina’s Nutritional Coaching Corner. She has an extensive background in health and education that began with degrees in exercise physiology, health and physical education, community health, and culminating with a doctoral degree in curriculum and instruction. She completed an advanced certificate of study in Integrative Nutrition and Health Coaching from the renowned Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) in New York City. For the last four years, she has worked one-on-one with clients, presented a multitude of nutrition topics for large and small audiences, contracted with businesses to implement worksite wellness initiatives, and currently manages day-to-day food service operations at a local non-profit agency, as well as directs activities related to nutrition and health. Katina can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.