A Ghoulish Dinner Menu to Serve on Halloween
Plus: Autumn Apple Pear Crisp Recipe
Autumn Apple Pear Crisp Recipe (GF, Paleo, & Vegan)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Preheat Oven: 350 degrees
- 4 medium apples peeled, cored, and sliced into ¼” slices (feel free to mix your favorite apples here)
- 2 medium Barlett pears peeled, cored, and sliced into ¼” slices
- 2 medium Bosc pears peeled, cored, and sliced into ¼” slices
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground ginger
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp Tapioca flour
For Crumble Topping:
- 1 C Almond flour
- ¼ C Sugar or coconut sugar
- 6 tbsp coconut oil, solid
- ½ C Sliced almonds (delete if allergic to nuts)
- ½ C Walnuts, chopped (delete if allergic to nuts)
1. In a large bowl, combine apples, pears, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla extract, sugars, and coconut flour. Stir to combine and evenly coat fruit. Pour into a greased 8” x 8 “ pan and set aside while preparing topping
2. Combine ingredients for crumble topping. Use a pastry cutter, two forks, or your hands to work the coconut oil into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles a course meal. Toss in almonds and walnuts.
3. Cover the fruit evenly with the crumble topping and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. If topping is browning too quickly, tent the pan with aluminum foil halfway through cooking to prevent burning.
4. Let slightly cool and serve warm with your favorite topping.
5. Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 3 days.