Be a part of the Fleet Feet Stuart and Port St Lucie Pace Group Leader Team!
Pace Group Leaders play an important role in ensuring the success and enjoyment of our training program participants! Do you have what it takes to be a Fleet Feet Stuart and Port St Lucie Pace Group Leader?
The Fleet Feet Stuart and Port St Lucie Pace Group Leader Team is a passionate group of run and walk mentors who help people reach their goals of running and walking.
What is a Pace Group Leader?
At Fleet Feet Stuart and Port St Lucie, Pace Group Leaders are an invaluable resource to participants of our training programs and an “on the road” representative of Fleet Feet Stuart and Port St Lucie. They attend the training program workouts and provide support to the participants. The primary roles of a Pace Group Leader are as follows:
- Maintain a positive attitude with the group and be a motivating force.
- Model courteous and safe running behavior to the group.
- Be able to keep (with GPS watch or by feel) the assigned pace for the group.
- Educate participants about products and solutions unique to Fleet Feet Stuart.
What are the requirements to be a Pace Group Leader?
- Able to be a Fleet Feet Stuart/Port St Lucie store ambassador.
- Can attend at least 80% of training program practices.
- Has successfully completed at least two races at your desired distance.
- Check in with each participant during the run at each practice.
- A desire to motivate others and help them achieve their goals.
- Read weekly emails from the head coach and have a working knowledge of the workout and route.
- Pass along information from the coach that is important to the participants.
- Attend a Fleet Feet Stuart Mentor Training Session.
What are the benefits of being a Pace Group Leader?
- The feeling of knowing you’ve helped someone ‘Be the Movement’ and assisted them along their running or walking journey.
- Free entry into the training program that you will be mentoring.
- Various in-store discounts.
- Did I mention the feeling you get from helping someone along his or her running or walking journey?
Join us today and submit a Pace Group Leader Application!
Questions? Feel free to contact Mary our Training Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org