Come dressed as your favorite hero and be eligible for prizes for the Heroes for Homeless 5K Run/Walk! Take a picture with and race alongside some your favorite heroes. Awards will be handed out for the first three finishers overall and the first three finishers in each age group. All registrants will receive a race day t-shirt.
Why a 5K in February? Homelessness is not seasonal. According to a 2015 report by the National Alliance to End Homelessness it is estimated that 578,424 people experience homelessness across the country. Nationally, nine percent of the homeless population are veterans and eight percent are unaccompanied youth and children. Homeless veterans in St. Louis represent 11% of the region’s homeless population. MBA-St. Louis’ charitable program “Homers for the Homeless” has focused its efforts toward St. Louis area veterans and youth who represent the area’s homeless population.
- Date | Saturday, February 11, 2017
- Start Time | 9:00am
- Location | Creve Coeur Lake Treymayne Shelter, 13725 Marine Ave., St. Louis, MO 63146
- Register by 1/31 to guarantee t-shirt. Men’s sizes: S M L XL | Women’s sizes: S M L XL | Youth sizes: S M L
- Registration Fees
- $25 | through 1/31
- $30 | 2/1-Race Day
- Packet Pickup and Late Registration
- 2/10 | TBA
- 2/11 | beginning at 7:45am | at the race
- Course | Course Map
- Awards | Awards given to Top Male and Female Overall Winners, and Top 3 Male and Female Winners in the following Age Groups: 14 and Under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and Over.
- 2016 | will be posted after the race
- If you have any questions about the race results, please click here.