Are you planning on participating in Bridge the Gap this year? You can walk or run the 5K, 10K, or Half Marathon. There is also a Kids' Fun Run in Clat Adams Park, bring the whole family on May 20! Register now and save! The final day for early registration is May 1. The Bridge The Gap Mission “To Sustain or Enhance the Quality of Life of our Community.” Many years ago, the physician community, led by Dr. John Scott of Quincy Medical Group, determined a need to sponsor a prescription program to assist those who cannot always afford their medications. Patients often have to choose between food and needed medications, due to limited incomes. Quincy Catholic Charities MedAssist Program provides this service to area residents regardless of race, color, or religious beliefs. The first sixteen years of Bridge the Gap to Health has helped the QCC MedAssist Program leverage over 49,000 prescriptions, valued at $18 million, to help those in need receive their prescription medication. All money raised from this event stays in the community. The need continues each and every day and we rely on your support to continue providing this valuable service to our friends, family, and neighbors.
- Date | Saturday, May 20th, 2017
- Start Time
- 5K, 10K, Half Marathon | 8:00am
- Children's Fun Run | 9:30am
- Location | Clat Adams Park | 200 North Front Street, Quincy, Illinois 62301
- Mercantile Bank Provides Kids Fun Run t-shirt | Youth M & L | Adult S - L
- 5K & 10K t-shirt | Youth M & L | Adult S - XXL
- HM Gender Specific Tech Shirt | Adult S - XXL
- Registration Fees
- 5K Leisure Walk | $20 thru May 1 | $30 after May 1
- 5K Run | $30 thru May 1 | $35 after May 1
- 10K | $30 thru May 1 | $40 after May 1
- Half Marathon | $45 thru May 1 | $55 after May 1
- Children's Fun Run | $5
- If you plan on running with a stroller, you must pay an additional $10 during registration
- Packet Pickup and Late Registration
- Packet pickup and late registration are available at the Race Expo
- Friday, May 19, 2017 | 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm | Quincy University’s Health and Fitness Center
- Course | This is your chance to run or walk across the Mississippi River! Each route will take you over the Quincy Memorial Bridge and Bayview Bridge for breath taking views.
- Awards | The 5K, 10K, and Half Marathon are competitive events. Top 3 finishers in each category per event. Top 3 awarded in each competitive age category for male and female. Awards are given for top 3 overall male and female finishers in each event.
Age categories for the 5K are: 10 & Under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Age categories for the 10K & Half Marathon are: 19 & Under, 20 to 29, 30 to 39, 40 to 49, 50 to 59, 60 to 64, 65+