Volunteer for the Rock 'n' Roll Race Crew!
The Quinn Family Foundation Rock ‘n’ Roll St. Louis Marathon & 1/2 Half Marathon To Benefit Team Activities for Special Kids is rockin’ through your neighborhood October 24-27, 2013. Over 13,000 runners will race to the finish, but they won’t be the only ones out on the streets of St. Louis. Rock 'n' Roll St. Louis also features live bands playing every mile, as well as a post-race headliner concert. It’s a 26.2 mile block party!
Volunteering for the Race Crew means you will not only be supporting thousands of aspiring runners and walkers, but also our numerous charity fundraising partners. We need your help to make this event spectacular, and with over 1,700 Race Crew volunteer positions available there is a spot for everyone, including teams, corporate groups, and friends and family.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Have fun supporting a great cause
- Official Race Crew T-shirt
- Race Crew Drawstring Backpack
- Snacks & Refreshments
- Fulfill community service hours
Available Race Crew Shifts
- Thursday, October 24 – Expo Setup - 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Friday, October 25 – Health & Fitness Expo
- Shift 1 – 11:00am to 3:00pm
- Shift 2 – 2:00pm to 7:00pm
- Saturday, October 26 – Health & Fitness Expo
- Shift 1 – 8:00am to 1:00pm
- Shift 2 – 12:00pm to 6:00pm
- Sunday, October 27 – Race Day
- Start Line – 4:30am to 8:00am
- Finish Line Shift 1 – 5:30am to 10:30pm
- Finish Line Shift 2 – 9:30am to 2:30pm
- Water Stations – Contact Jules!
Volunteer Position Descriptions
HEALTH & FITNESS EXPO
- Check-In: Issue participant bibs and packets of important information.
- T-shirts: Distribute race participant T-shirts. GREAT FOR GROUPS OF 15-20.
- Swag Bags: Distribute race Swag Bags to participants. GREAT FOR GROUPS OF 10-15.
- Souvenirs: Stock souvenirs and clothing, as well as assist participants within the store, including during check-out process. GREAT FOR GROUPS OF 15-20.
- Start Corrals: Help the runners find the correct corral and maintain order within the corral. GREAT FOR LARGE GROUPS.
- Gear Check: Check participant gear bags in the correct order and assist runners in this process. GREAT FOR GROUPS OF 20-30.
- Refreshments: Set up and distribute water, bagels and other refreshments to participants before the start of the race.
- Gear Check Retrieval:
- Race Crew Volunteers are needed to facilitate the organization of gear bags, and return gear to each participant. GREAT FOR GROUPS OF 20-30.
- Secure Zone Refreshments:
- Hand out water, bananas, oranges, energy bars and other food items after participants cross the Finish Line. GREAT FOR GROUPS OF 20-30.
- Various Locations along the Course:
- Groups of 15 to 75 individuals are needed to hand out water, sports drink and energy gel along the course. This is a great opportunity for large companies and community organizations to show their support for the event.
Click here and click the blue Race Crew button to volunteer to sign up as an individual or group. If you have any questions, please email Jules.