Below is the planned mileage for each week - keep in mind that weather may impact some and adjustments might be made here and there. The first 3 weeks are just the 50K group running, and then beginning on week #4 the 13.1M and 10K groups join in. The 50K and the 13.1M will be running the same mileage on Saturday's and the 2nd number is for the 10K group. Those in the 50K will have the option if they desire to add on some more miles upon completing the planned route that day, just be sure to communicate with your coaches and Andy so we can help you out if needed.
For the final week of the 10K program, week #14, the Bootlegger trail race is Sunday - the Saturday run is optional if you would like to come out and get something super easy in to just loosen up the legs, but if you'd rather have that day off in prep for your race that is okay too. On the final weekend for the 50K and 13.1M groups, that Saturday is simply on your own - I listed suggested mileage if you'd like to get something in as well to loosen things up but if you prefer having the day off before the race that is good too. Those runs are simply to help get out some of the pre-race jitters, nerves, etc. and to just ease the mind. Keep those runs easy, relaxed and feeling good.
Those of you in the 50K Distance Project can find information on your longer, timed Sunday runs here.
*Distances are approximates, actual mileage may be plus or minus some and may be altered slightly if weather conditions require.
- Nov 23rd: 6 mi @ Lost Valley
- Nov 30th: 7 mi @ Rockwoods Reservation
- Dec 7th: 8 mi @ Lone Elk
- Dec 14th: 7 mi / 4 mi @ Castlewood / 13.1M & 10K training begin
- Dec 21st: 8 mi / 5 mi @ Al Foster
- Dec 28th: 7 mi / 3 mi @ Queeny
- Jan 4th: 9 mi / 5 mi @ Lost Valley
- Jan 11th: 10 mi / 6 mi @ Broemmelsiek
- Jan 18th: 9 mi / 3 mi @ West Tyson
- Jan 25th: 12 mi / 5 mi @ Creve Coeur
- Feb 1st: 10 mi / 7 mi @ Greensfelder
- Feb 8th: 11 mi / 5 mi @ Cuivre River
- Feb 15th: 13 mi / 5 mi @ Lewis & Clark
- Feb 22nd: 11 mi / 3 mi @ Castlewood / BOOTLEGGER 10K Race Sunday!
- Feb 29th: 8 mi @ Al Foster
- Mar 7th: 4-6 mi @ OYO / QUIVERING QUADS 50K/13.1M Race Sunday!