Our Functional Flexibility class is scientifically designed to restore and increase muscle flexibility and balance. Using Active Isolated Stretching (AIS) and Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Stretching (PNFS) techniques in combination with mat-work, this class targets the most common troublemakers - the iliotibial band, piriformis, hamstring, and gastroc/soleus (calf) complex - to help prevent injury and maximize performance.
Why Functional Flexibility for Runners?
- It’s a Perfect Complement. Running can lead to injury because of its repetitive nature and the resulting musculoskeletal imbalances. On a physical level, Functional Flexibility restores balance and symmetry to the body, making it the perfect complement to running.
- It is a Secret Weapon. Functional Flexibility possesses secret restorative powers. It includes postures that aid in speedy recoveries from long runs, which is the key to becoming a healthier and faster competitor.
- It is a Stable Base. Functional Flexibility can help work out the tight spots, improve your range of motion, and not only open up joints but also stabilize them.
- "Functional Flexibility is just what the doctor ordered." - Dr. J.W.
- "I look forward to this class all week. It recovers my body from my Saturday long run and prepares my legs for the upcoming week." - L.C.
- "They do a great job modifying the class to fit the needs of a runner." - D.R.
The cost for each class is $11.