Fleet Feet is excited to announce its newest addition to the trail race calendar and your next challenge, Babler Trails 8M Race. Held at Dr. Edmund A. Babler Memorial State Park on Sunday, August 15th, participants will get to experience all this breathtaking park has to offer within its stone gateway. Start your morning off with FREE sunrise yoga with Fleet Feet’s certified yoga instructors to help you get loose before you hit the trails. The 8 miles takes you on a tour of the park by incorporating five of the seven trails. During these miles, you will experience tunnels, water crossings, steep grades, beautiful views, and more! Participants will receive a custom BOCO Gear gaiter, perfect for both summer sun and winter chill. After crossing the finish line, celebrate with fellow participants while enjoying post-race snacks, a cold beer provided by Wellbeing Brewing, nature’s finest, and a custom pint glass featuring unique areas of the park the racecourse transverse through.
DATE | Sunday, August 15, 2021
LOCATION | Babler State Park, 802 Guy Park Rd, Wildwood, MO 63005
START TIMES | First wave begins at 7:00am. Runners are sent onto the race course in waves of 50 that have been seeded according to their predicted pace for their road 10K pace. The event is limited to 300 participants.
EVENT DAY SCHEDULE
- 6:00am | Packet Pick-up open
- 6:10-6:45am | FREE Sunrise Yoga
- 7:00-7:15am | Waves begin
COURSE | Course begins with a mile stretch on a wide paved bike path; half of it flat and cruisy, second half involves a gradual climb to a massive stone gateway made from stones quarried from the area. After passing through the tunnel, runners will continue onto the equestrian trail. The trail winds its way through the park's narrow coves, deep sheltered valleys, and towering forests. Coming up from the valley, runners will pass by the historic Babler Stables, an outstanding example of the beautiful stonework done by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s. After the stables, runners jump to single-track trails featuring maturing old-growth forests, which have remained undisturbed since pre-settlement times, all of which provide rich habitat for wildlife, including many species of birds. Participants complete the ~8-mile course in the same place as they started and can relax on the picnic tables nestled beneath the voluminous shade provided by towering oaks and sugar maples.
- Course Details:
- Aid Stations: Aid stations will be located near miles: 2.6, 4.1, 5.2, 7.2
- Course Cut-Off: The course will close at 10:15am
SWAG | Participants receive a custom BOCO Gear gaiter. The two-layer full-length gaiter is the perfect way to protect you from the elements…..wind, cold temps, snow, or wear it in the summer for sun protection and to keep you cooler. Don't want the gaiter, no worries, opt-out of swag during registration and save money! All finishers receive a custom pint glass featuring unique areas of the park the racecourse transverse through.
REGISTRATION | To avoid overcrowding the trail and allow for safe distancing, the event is limited to the first 300 registrants.
- $43 | June 30 – Aug 9
- $46 | Aug 10 - Aug 12
- $50 | Aug 15 | In-person at the race site. Cash only
PACKET PICK-UP | Your race packets and those of any friends and family can be picked up on...
- Sunday, August 15 | opens at 6:00am | Babler State Park
- Please carefully read over the Race Instructions (coming soon) before race morning. Your swag and race number will be waiting for you at the race start.
PARKING | Details coming soon
SUNRISE YOGA | Join Fleet Feet's certified yoga instructors for a free sunrise yoga practice to help get you loose before you hit the trails. Yoga starts promptly at 6:10am, and will wrap up at 6:45a. A limited amount of mats will be available to borrow, or bring your own! Wellbeing is generously providing samples of their new and refreshing CBD Waters to all yoga attendees.
AWARDS | Awards will be awarded to the top three overall male/female finishers and the top male/female in the following age groups: 19 & under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+.
VOLUNTEERS | Interested in volunteering for Babler Trails 8M Race? All volunteers will receive a custom BOCO Gear gaiter and Fleet Feet gift card. Have a group interested? Contact Hannah (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and details.
SPONSORS | Make sure to visit and support our local, small business sponsors!
EVENT POLICIES & FAQ:
- Are face coverings required? Following the CDC guidelines, if you are a fully vaccinated individual you are not required to wear a mask. If you are not fully vaccinated we ask you to wear a mask during pre/post-race and when interacting with staff and volunteers.
- Will there be on course Aid Stations? Yes, there will be on-course aid stations BUT with minimal cups. We highly encourage and recommend participants carry all hydrations and nutritional needs in their running pack.
- Will there be on-course support? Yes, we will have course marshals and traffic control on course. Athletic Trainers will be available at the finish line.
- Are dogs allowed at the event or allowed to participate? We love dogs, but dogs are not allowed at this event or allowed to participate in the race.
- Inclement Weather Policy: The safety of our participants and volunteers is our highest priority. If severe weather is present, we will post an update on the Facebook Event Page and at the top of this page by 5:00 am the morning of the event at the latest.
- Refund Policy - No refunds will be given after July 26, 2021. Processing fees are non-refundable. Entries are not transferable to another event but can be transferred to another participant. Transferring registration is allowed through August 8, 2021 A $3 processing fee will be applied to all refunds and transfers.
- What if I have a positive COVID-19 test or show symptoms of COVID-19? If you have a positive COVID-19 test or are showing symptoms (click here for a full list of symptoms) we ask that you do not attend the event. Participants who fall into this category will be offered the following options; if the request is received before July 26, the participant can receive a full refund minus the transaction fees, if, after July 26, 2021, participants with a positive COVID-19 test can receive a 50% refund or participant virtually.
QUESTIONS? | Contact Jules (email@example.com) or call our Race Productions office at 855-786-5945 x716.