Fleet Feet is proud to host a 2-mile cross country meet to kick off the season in a fun, low-pressure manner. Certain aspects of this year's event will be a little different as we embrace the standards set forth by the CDC and our federal and local governments. In order to allow schools to limit exposure, allow for social distancing, and limit crowds. The new format will feature a wave starts, with groups of no more than 50 starting every 4 minutes, with each wave containing athletes from only 2 schools. Larger teams may be split up into multiple waves. More details, including wave assignments, will be sent to schools after registration closes. Registration closes on Friday, August 14, 2020. Our current plan is for boys waves will begin running at 4:00pm, with the girls to begin at 5:15pm, with that plan subject to change slightly once we know how many schools and athletes will be attending.
Teams must be registered by Friday, August 14th. Registered team rosters must be submitted and finalized by Sunday, August 30th at 11:59pm.
If you are a coach who is interested in bringing your team to one of the meets, please email 3xC@fleetfeetstlouis.com.
Tues, 9/1/20; 2M at Arnold City Park
- 3:40p - Coach's Meeting
- 4:00p - Boys waves begin
- 5:00p - Girls waves begin
- Arnold City Park Meet Instructions - Coming Soon
- Course Map
Event Policies & FAQ:
- Are spectators allowed? We respectfully request that families and friends help us limit the number of spectators. Only participants and coaches will be allowed in the start/finish areas.
- Are face coverings required? Yes, when not racing, all athletes, coaches, spectators, and staff will be expected to wear face coverings. Face covers are required during warm-up and cooldowns. Face coverings can be removed once the athlete is at the start line and replaced once cross the finish.
- Will there be on course Aid Stations? No, there will be no on-course aid station. Participants are to bring their own hydration and nutritional needs. Bottled water will be available after the race. No other refreshments will be provided.
- Will there be on-course support? Yes, we will have course marshals and Athletic Trainers for Athletico in the finish area.
- What if I have a positive COVID-19 test or show symptoms of COVID-19? If you have a positive COVID-19 test or showing symptoms (click here for a full list of symptoms) we ask that you do not attend the event.
- COVID-19 Status: Our intention is to be able to hold this event in person. We are working on plans to take all necessary precautions to make this a safe event during the COVID-19 situation based on the latest/greatest guidelines as the event approaches. As we finalize those plans and precautions and have them in place, we will include them in race communications closer to the race date. Participant safety is our number one concern, so if it is deemed unsafe to have an in-person event, we will contact all the schools and coaches with further details.
- Arnold City Park
- Parkway Central