Registration is now open for the 2020 Timber ‘n’ Trails 8(ish) mile race, which will take place in Cuivre River State Park on Saturday, October 24th. The course will pass through explosively beautiful fall foliage and around 1900-acre Lincoln Lake. All entrants can choose to receive a vintage-feel long-sleeve shirt or upgrade to a fleece hoodie. The hoodie is guaranteed to be one of the softest hoodies you own and a go-to part of your winter wardrobe. All finishers will also receive a high-quality digitally printed bandana
Certain aspects of this year's race will be a little different due to the pandemic-related safety rules set by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources and other governing agencies. However, the spirit of the event will remain the same: a celebration of trail running through Missouri State Parks! More details about our COVID-19 safety guidelines can be found below.
We are excited to announce that the show will go on! Certain aspects of this year's race will be a little different as we embrace the standards set forth by our federal and local governments and Missouri State Parks. However, the spirit of our events will remain the same, a celebration of trail running through Missouri State Parks. More details about COVID-19 safety guidelines can be found below (scroll down to event policies & FAQ).
Timber ‘n’ Trails will take place on Saturday, October 24th, 2020. The 8(ish) mile course runs around Cuivre River State Park’s 1900-acre Lincoln Lake, famous for it's explosive fall foliage. Participants can choose between a jersey long-sleeve top or upgrade to a custom hoodie! To ensure that the trails do not become overcrowded, TNT’s field is limited to 350 registrants.
Don’t delay your entry. Only 350 spots are available in this year’s event. Due to COVID-19, there will be no Wild Dynamite 1M youth race in 2020.
DATE & TIME
Saturday, October 24, 2020. The first 8M wave starts at 8:30am. A wave will start every 7 minutes. All start times will be listed here on race week.
LOCATION & COURSE
Cuivre River State Park is located in Troy, Missouri. The 8(ish) mile race begins and ends near the race headquarters' beautiful stone, lakeside pavilion. Runners are started in waves of 25 (staggered) according to their predicted pace for a 10K on the roads. In order to help spread out the field, faster runners begin first. Participants can expect rolling dirt hills mixed with rocky patches, great scenic views of the lake from multiple angles, open fields with tall grass, and wooded terrain. Competitive runners can let loose and enjoy the twists and turns, without having to worry about difficult climbs. Novice runners will enjoy a speedier-than-most trail race along with the awesome scenery. And rookie trail runners will enjoy the challenge of maintaining their footing on the trails while enjoying the Ozark-like views!
Your race packets and those of any friends and family can be picked up on...
- ...Thursday, October 22nd | 10am-7pm | Fleet Feet Des Peres
- ...Friday, October 23rd | 10am-7pm | Fleet Feet St. Charles
- ...If you are coming from out of town and cannot pick up your packet until race morning, please download and carefully read the Race Instructions before race morning.
To avoid overcrowding the trail and allow everyone to socially distance, registration is limited to the first 350 entrants. Entry fees include a $3 fee charged by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. In accordance with MO State Law, race registration will be charged a 7.95% sale tax rate.
- $49 | thru September 24
- $54 | September 25 through October 5th
- $59 | October 6th through October 22nd
Participants can choose between a jersey long sleeve tee or upgrade to a hoodie.
- Unisex Jersey Long Sleeve Tee: A staff and participant favorite - the perfect blend of incredibly soft and relaxed unisex style, this jersey long sleeve tee is made from a 100% airlume combed and ringspun cotton. There's a good chance this will be the softest shirt you will own. Consult the sizing chart to get the best fit - unisex sizing: XS-2XL. All entrants who register through October 5th will be guaranteed their swag of choice in their selected size.
- Unisex Sponge Fleece Hoodie: Upgrade your event swag to a custom hoodie for only $18 more. A perfect blend of ringspun cotton/polyester fleece. Features ribbed cuffs and waistband, and a front pouch pocket. Guaranteed to be one of, if not the softest hoodies you own and your go-to item for comfort this coming winter. Consult the sizing chart to get the best fit - unisex sizing: XS-2XL.
FINISHER BANDANA & AWARDS
All finishers will receive a custom digitally printed finisher bandana. Awards will be awarded to the top three overall finishers and the top three in ten year age groups.
RACE INSTRUCTION DETAILS
Race instructions will be posted in October.
Interested in volunteering? All-day TNT volunteers receive a 2020 swag item and Fleet Feet gift card. We are looking for individuals and groups to help with packet pick-up, course marshaling, pre/post-race, aid stations, and more. Click here for volunteer sign up or email Jules for more information!
EVENT POLICIES & FAQ:
- How do I register? Click here to register. There is no race day registration. Registration closes when the event fills or closes on 10.22.2020.
- Are face coverings required? Yes, when not racing, all athletes, volunteers, spectators, and staff will be expected to wear face coverings. Face covers are required during warm-up and cooldowns when social distancing is not possible or whenever appropriate. Face coverings must be worn at packet pick-up.
- No-Risk Registration - We understand these are uncertain times. Our intention is to host an in-person event. However, should the health situation change and we are unable to host the event, all runners will be able to defer to 2021 or run the event virtually. If the event is canceled prior to October 6, 2020, participants will have the option to choose between a refund, deferral, or to run the event virtually. Registration is only available online. In-person registration is not available at packet pick-up or race day.
- Will there be on course Aid Stations? Yes, there will be on-course aid stations BUT with minimal supplies and support. We highly encourage and recommend participants carry all hydrations and nutritional needs in their running pack.
- Will there be on-course support? Yes, we will have course marshals and traffic control on course. EMS will be available at the finish line.
- Are dogs allowed at the event or allowed to participate? We love dogs, but dogs are not allowed at this event or allowed to participate in the race.
- Inclement Weather Policy: The safety of our participants and volunteers is our highest priority. If severe weather is present, we will post an update on the Facebook Event Page and at the top of this page by 5:00 am the morning of the event at the latest.
- Health Survey: All participants will be required to complete an online health survey prior to participation and be negative for symptoms of COVID-19 in order to participate. The survey will be emailed out prior to the event.
- Refund Policy - No refunds will be given after October 5, 2020. Processing fees are non-refundable. Entries are not transferable to another event but can be transferred to another participant. Transferring registration is allowed through October 19, 2020. A $3 processing fee will be applied to all refunds and transfers.
- What if I have a positive COVID-19 test or show symptoms of COVID-19? If you have a positive COVID-19 test or are showing symptoms (click here for a full list of symptoms) we ask that you do not attend the event. Participants who fall into this category will be offered the following options; defer to the 2021 event, or participate virtually after their quarantine period. We will also offer the following refund option. If the request is received before October 6, 2020, the participant can receive a full refund minus the transaction fees, if, after October 6, 2020, participants with a positive COVID-19 test can receive a 50% refund.
- COVID-19 Status: Our intention is to be able to hold this event in person. We are working on plans to take all necessary precautions to make this a safe event during the COVID-19 situation based on the latest/greatest guidelines as the event approaches. As we finalize those plans and precautions and have them in place, we will include them in race communications closer to the race date. Participant safety is our number one concern, so if it is deemed unsafe to have an in-person event, the race will be switched to an all-virtual event. Should we have to hold the event virtually, we will automatically switch all participants to the virtual event and send details on how to obtain your race swag and submit your virtual times. If you do not want to participate in the virtual event, you can defer your entry to our 2021 event. We will contact all participants in the event that it goes virtual with further instructions.
Please review the Race Instructions or email Jules.
QQ was endorsed in 2014 by Outside Magazine, which named it one of the six best Outside running races. We're confident QQII will live up to QQ's great reputation.
History of Quivering Quads
In 1994, Fleet Feet Sports hosted the inaugural Quivering Quads Trail Runs along the beautiful single track trails of Cuivre River State Park. The unique event incorporated race distances of 10 kilometers, 13.1 miles, 50 kilometers, and 50 miles. 175 runners entered the inaugural event, which immediately became a fixture on the St. Louis area’s running calendar. In the late 90s, QQ was the largest trail run in Missouri and an event of some national prominence. The race was regularly featured in Ultrarunning Magazine and earned a mention in Kirk Johnson’s 2001 book To the Edge, which documented the world of ultramarathoning. The race went into hiatus after 2003’s 10th annual event so Fleet Feet could attend to the growth of their Lewis & Clark Marathon and Half Marathon, which has now become Rock ‘n’ Roll St. Louis, and the Race Directors could attend to the growth of their kids. In 2010, QQ returned as the Quivering Quads Trail Half Marathon. QQ continues to take place every March.