Registration Race Instructions
The 2022 Timber ‘n’ Trails 8(ish) mile race will take place in Cuivre River State Park on Sunday, October 30, 2022. The event features a 8.14-mile course takes runners through some of the most picturesque areas of the park. Runners typically experience explosive fall foliage and cooler fall temperatures. The course will begin and finish near race headquarters at the beautiful stone lakeside pavilion. Heading out on the course in waves of 25, participants can expect rolling dirt hills mixed with rocky patches, great scenic views from all angles around the lake and open fields with tall grass, before heading back into the woods. The course offers new challenges for every level. Competitive runners can let loose and move into a flow around twists and turns without having to worry about difficult climbs. Novice runners will get a taste of a semi-fast course while enjoying awesome scenery. Beginners can enjoy striking views along the entire course that will remind you of the Ozarks, with some challenging footing that will keep you on your toes!
While a background in trail running isn’t required to complete trail races, it can make the experience much less rocky. Consider joining our Fleet Feet Rock Runners program to prepare for Timber n’ Trails! Experience the beauty of breathtaking parks across the St. Louis area through socially distanced small-group runs on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings. Aside from spectacular views and up-close encounters with nature, you’ll also reap the benefits of softer surfaces for lower impact on legs and diverse terrain for strength building. Sign up now and receive 10% off TNT registration!
The event is limited to 350 participants and is expected to sell out.
DATE & TIME
Sunday, October 30, 2022. The first 8M wave starts at 8:30am. A wave will start every 3 minutes. All start times will be listed here the Wednesday before the race.
EVENT DAY TIMELINE
- 7:15a | Parking opens
- 7:25a | Packet pick-up opens
- 8:30a | Start waves begin
- 11:00a | Awards announced
LOCATION & COURSE
Cuivre River State Park is located in Troy, Missouri. The 8(ish) mile race starts and finishes near the race headquarters' beautiful stone shaleter at Lakeside Pavilion. In order to prevent congestion on the single track trails, runners start in waves of 25 with faster runners going first based on their predicted pace for a 10K on the roads (submitted during registration). Participants can expect rolling dirt hills mixed with rocky patches, great scenic views of the lake from multiple angles, open fields with tall grass, and wooded terrain. Competitive runners can let loose and enjoy the twists and turns, without having to worry about difficult climbs. Novice runners will enjoy a speedier-than-most trail race along with the awesome scenery, and rookie trail runners will enjoy the challenge of maintaining their footing on the trails while enjoying the Ozark-like views!
Your race packets and those of any friends and family can be picked up on...
- ...Friday, October 28 | 11am-7pm | Fleet Feet Des Peres
- ...Saturday, October 29 | 10am-5pm | Fleet Feet St. Charles
- ...Sunday, October 30 | opens at 7:25a | Race Site
- ...If you are coming from out of town and cannot pick up your packet until race morning, please download and carefully read the Race Instructions before race morning.
To avoid overcrowding the trail, registration is limited to the first 350 entrants. Entry fee includes the $5 State Parks fee charged by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. In accordance with Missouri State Law, race registration will be charged a 7.95% sales tax rate.
- $50 | thru 8/31
- $55 | 9/1-10/4
- $60 | 10/5 - 10/30
Participants will receive a vintage thermal long sleeve shirt or opt-out of swag and receive an $8 discount on their registration.
- Unisex Vintage Long Sleeve Thermal Tee: A staff and participant favorite - the perfect shirt to throw on and relax in or go out and be-bop around town in. This relaxed unisex style long sleeve tee is made from a 100% cotton. Consult the sizing chart to get the best fit - unisex sizing: S-2XL. All entrants who register through October 4th will be guaranteed their swag in their selected size.
- Swag Opt-out: During registration, registrants can opt-out of swag and save $8 off registration fees. All finishers will still receive the custom, woodallion finisher medal.
FINISHER MEDAL & AWARDS
All finishers will receive a custom woodallion finisher medal. Awards will be awarded to the top three overall finishers and the top three in ten-year age groups.
ROCK RUNNERS TRAINING PROGRAM | While a background in trail running isn’t required to complete trail races, it can make the experience much less rocky. Consider joining our Fleet Feet Rock Runners program to prepare for Timber n’ Trails! Experience the beauty of breathtaking parks across the St. Louis area through socially distanced small-group runs on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings. Aside from spectacular views and up-close encounters with nature, you’ll also reap the benefits of softer surfaces for lower impact on legs and diverse terrain for strength building. Sign up now and receive 10% off TNT registration!
Interested in volunteering? All-day TNT volunteers receive a 2022 Thermal Long Sleeve. We are looking for individuals and groups to help with packet pick-up, course marshaling, pre/post-race, aid stations, and more. Click here for volunteer sign-up or email Chris for more information!
RACE INSTRUCTION DETAILS | Race instructions will be posted in October and included in the pre-race email.
SPONSOR | Interested in being a sponsor for the event? Click here to review the sponsorship opportunities or email Jake for more information!
EVENT POLICIES & FAQ:
- No-Risk Registration - We understand these are uncertain times. Our intention is to host an in-person event. However, should the health situation change and we are unable to host the event, all runners will be able to defer to 2023 or run the event virtually. If the event is canceled prior to October 3, 2022, participants will have the option to choose between a refund, deferral, or to run the event virtually.
- Will there be on course Aid Stations? Yes, there will be on-course aid stations BUT with minimal supplies and support. We highly encourage and recommend participants carry all hydrations and nutritional needs in their running pack.
- Will there be on-course support? Yes, we will have course marshals and traffic control on course. Athletic Trainers will be available at the finish line.
- Are dogs allowed at the event or allowed to participate? We love dogs, but dogs are not allowed at this event or allowed to participate in the race.
- Inclement Weather Policy: The safety of our participants and volunteers is our highest priority. If severe weather is present, we will post an update on the Fleet Feet Facebook Page and at the top of this page by 5:00 am the morning of the event at the latest.
- Refund Policy - No refunds will be given after October 12, 2022. Processing fees are non-refundable. Entries are not transferable to another event but can be transferred to another participant. Transferring registration is allowed through October 25, 2022. A $3 processing fee will be applied to all refunds and transfers.
- What if I have a positive COVID-19 test or show symptoms of COVID-19? If you have a positive COVID-19 test or are showing symptoms (click here for a full list of symptoms) we ask that you do not attend the event. Participants who fall into this category will be offered the following options; participate virtually after their quarantine period or offer the following refund option. If the request is received before October 12, 2022, the participant can receive a full refund minus the transaction fees, if, after October 12, 2022, participants with a positive COVID-19 test can receive a 50% refund.
- COVID-19 Status: Our intention is to be able to hold this event in person. We are working on plans to take all necessary precautions to make this a safe event during the COVID-19 situation based on the latest/greatest guidelines as the event approaches. As we finalize those plans and precautions and have them in place, we will include them in race communications closer to the race date. Participant safety is our number one concern, so if it is deemed unsafe to have an in-person event, the race will be switched to an all-virtual event. Should we have to hold the event virtually, we will automatically switch all participants to the virtual event and send details on how to obtain your race swag and submit your virtual times. If you do not want to participate in the virtual event, you can defer your entry to our 2023 event. We will contact all participants in the event that it goes virtual with further instructions.
Please review the Race Instructions or email Jake.
QQ was endorsed in 2014 by Outside Magazine, which named it one of the six best Outside running races. We're confident QQII will live up to QQ's great reputation.
History of Quivering Quads
In 1994, Fleet Feet Sports hosted the inaugural Quivering Quads Trail Runs along the beautiful single track trails of Cuivre River State Park. The unique event incorporated race distances of 10 kilometers, 13.1 miles, 50 kilometers, and 50 miles. 175 runners entered the inaugural event, which immediately became a fixture on the St. Louis area’s running calendar. In the late 90s, QQ was the largest trail run in Missouri and an event of some national prominence. The race was regularly featured in Ultrarunning Magazine and earned a mention in Kirk Johnson’s 2001 book To the Edge, which documented the world of ultramarathoning. The race went into hiatus after 2003’s 10th annual event so Fleet Feet could attend to the growth of their Lewis & Clark Marathon and Half Marathon, which has now become Rock ‘n’ Roll St. Louis, and the Race Directors could attend to the growth of their kids. In 2010, QQ returned as the Quivering Quads Trail Half Marathon. QQ continues to take place every March.
Connect With Us
see the latest from Fleet Feet St. Louis