Save the date, the 6th annual Timber 'N' Trails 8 Mile Trail Race will take place on Saturday, October 24th, 2020. Registration will open in the Spring of 2020.
To celebrate the 5th anniversary of Fleet Feet's Quivering Quads II trail race, we are changing its name to Timber 'n' Trails. This race is guaranteed to be dynamite!
Timber ‘n’ Trails will take place on Saturday, October 26th, 2019. The 8(ish) mile course runs around Cuivre River State Park’s 1900-acre Lincoln Lake, famous for its explosive fall foliage. Participants can choose between a vintage tri-blend hooded long-sleeve top or this year’s premium item: ultra-soft fleece joggers. Finishers will receive a medal and enjoy a post-race celebration with craft brew from iTap and BBQ. To ensure that the trails do not become overcrowded, TNT’s field is limited to 500 registrants.
Brand new this year is the Wild Dynamite, a 1 mile trail race for children ages 12 & under. This race is designed to be achievable and enjoyable for all levels of runners. Our goal is to introduce kids to trail running and inspire them to do their best and believe in themselves. All participants will receive a prize.
DATE & TIME
Saturday, October 24, 2020. The first 8M wave starts at 9:00am. All start times will be listed here on race week. The Wild Dynamite 1M will start at approximately 11:30am.
LOCATION & COURSE
Cuivre River State Park is located in Troy, Missouri. The 8(ish) mile race begins and ends near the race headquarters' beautiful stone, lakeside pavilion. Runners are started in waves of 25 according to their predicted pace for a 10K on the roads. In order to help spread out the field, faster runners begin first. Participants can expect rolling dirt hills mixed with rocky patches, great scenic views of the lake from multiple angles, open fields with tall grass, and wooded terrain. Competitive runners can let loose and enjoy the twists and turns, without having to worry about difficult climbs. Novice runners will enjoy a speedier-than-most trail race along with the awesome scenery. And rookie trail runners will enjoy the the challenge of maintaining their footing on the trails while enjoying the Ozark-like views!
Your race packets and those of any friends and family can be picked up on...
- ...Thursday, October 24th | 10am-7pm | Fleet Feet Des Peres
- ...Friday, October 25th | 10am-7pm | Fleet Feet St. Charles
- ...Saturday, October 26th | opens at 8am
- ...race morning, if you are coming from out of town and cannot pick up your packet until race morning. Please download and carefully read the Race Instructions before race morning.
To avoid overcrowding the trail, registration is limited to the first 500 entrants. Entry fees include a $3 fee charged by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
8 Mile Run
- $50 | thru September 9th
- $55 | September 10th through October 14th
- $60 | October 15th through October 23rd
- $65 | October 24th through Race Day
Wild Dynamite - Kids 1M Trail Run (12 years & under)
- $12 | thru September 9th
- $15 | September 10th through October 23rd
- $18 | October 24th - Race Day
Participants can choose between a vintage tri-blend hooded long sleeve shirt or this year's premium item: ultra-soft fleece joggers. Want both items? Purchase the fleece joggers during registration for $32.
- Vintage Tri-blend Hooded Long Sleeve: A perfect blend of incredibly soft and relaxed unisex style, this tri-blend vintage hooded long sleeve shirt is made from a blend of polyester, combed ring-spun cotton and rayon. There's a good chance this will be the softest shirt you will own. Consult the sizing chart to get the best fit - unisex sizing: XS-2XL. All entrants who register through October 14th will be guaranteed their swag of choice in their selected size.
- Fleece Joggers: Custom TNT themed joggers, made of eco-friendly, ultra-soft fleece material. The joggers offer unisex sizing (XS-2XL, sizing chart), side pockets, wide ribbed ankle cuffs and an elastic waistband with drawstring. This premium item cost an additional $10 if selected during registration. You can secure both swag items by selecting the shirt and adding on the joggers for only $32. Register by October 14th to guarantee your swag of choice.
FINISHER MEDALS & AWARDS
All finishers will receive a custom finisher medal. Awards will be awarded to the top three overall finishers and the top three in ten year age groups.
THE GREAT PUMPKIN CONTEST
Back again this year after so much success in 2018... THE GREAT PUMPKIN CONTEST! Pumpkins are the epitome of Fall and Halloween, so let's decorate our event with your creations. The contest consist of have participants (YOU!) decorate, paint, or carve a pumpkin to the design of your choosing. Then on race day, bring your masterpiece with you to display for all to see. Racers and spectators will cast their vote for their favorite and prizes will be awarded to the top 3 pumpkins. Contest is free to enter but registration is required.
REGISTER HERE and get started creating your Great Pumpkin!
RACE INSTRUCTION DETAILS
Race instructions will be posted in October.
Interested in volunteering? TNT Volunteers receive a tri-blend hooded long sleeve and an option to purchase the joggers at a volunteer discount. We are looking for individuals and groups to help with packet pick-up, course marshaling, pre/post-race, aid stations, and more. Click here for volunteer sign up or email Jules for more information!
No refunds are given within 21 days of the event. Refunds prior to that are subject to a $1.95 fee, and processing fees are non-refundable. No make-up date or refunds if the event is canceled due to weather. Entries are not transferable to another event but can be transferred to another participant for a $3 fee. Transferring registration is allowed until October 21st, 2019.
Please review the Race Instructions or email Jules.
QQ was endorsed in 2014 by Outside Magazine, which named it one of the six best Outside running races. We're confident QQII will live up to QQ's great reputation.
History of Quivering Quads
In 1994, Fleet Feet Sports hosted the inaugural Quivering Quads Trail Runs along the beautiful single track trails of Cuivre River State Park. The unique event incorporated race distances of 10 kilometers, 13.1 miles, 50 kilometers and 50 miles. 175 runners entered the inaugural event, which immediately became a fixture on the St. Louis area’s running calendar. In the late 90s, QQ was the largest trail run in Missouri and an event of some national prominence. The race was regularly featured in Ultrarunning Magazine and earned mention in Kirk Johnson’s 2001 book To the Edge, which documented the world of ultramarathoning. The race went into hiatus after 2003’s 10th annual event so Fleet Feet could attend to the growth of their Lewis & Clark Marathon and Half Marathon, which has now become Rock ‘n’ Roll St. Louis, and the Race Directors could attend to the growth of their kids. In 2010, QQ returned as the Quivering Quads Trail Half Marathon. QQ continues to take place every March.