REGISTRATION OPENING SOON!
We are excited to announce that the show will go on! Certain aspects of this year's race will be a little different as we embrace the standards set forth by our federal and local governments and Missouri State Parks. However, the spirit of our events will remain the same, a celebration of trail running through Missouri State Parks. More details about COVID-19 safety guidelines can be found below.
Timber ‘n’ Trails will take place on Saturday, October 24th, 2020. The 8(ish) mile course runs around Cuivre River State Park’s 1900-acre Lincoln Lake, famous for it's explosive fall foliage. Participants can choose between a vintage tri-blend hooded long-sleeve top or a custom sublimated fanny pack, or get both! Finishers will receive a medal, a craft brew from iTap, and pre-packaged food & refreshments. To ensure that the trails do not become overcrowded, TNT’s field is limited to 500 registrants.
Due to COVID-19, for 2020, the Wild Dynamite, a 1-mile trail race for children ages 12 & under will not take place.
DATE & TIME
Saturday, October 24, 2020. The first 8M wave starts at 9:00am. All start times will be listed here on race week.
LOCATION & COURSE
Cuivre River State Park is located in Troy, Missouri. The 8(ish) mile race begins and ends near the race headquarters' beautiful stone, lakeside pavilion. Runners are started in waves of 25 (staggered) according to their predicted pace for a 10K on the roads. In order to help spread out the field, faster runners begin first. Participants can expect rolling dirt hills mixed with rocky patches, great scenic views of the lake from multiple angles, open fields with tall grass, and wooded terrain. Competitive runners can let loose and enjoy the twists and turns, without having to worry about difficult climbs. Novice runners will enjoy a speedier-than-most trail race along with the awesome scenery. And rookie trail runners will enjoy the challenge of maintaining their footing on the trails while enjoying the Ozark-like views!
Your race packets and those of any friends and family can be picked up on...
- ...Thursday, October 22nd | 10am-7pm | Fleet Feet Des Peres
- ...Friday, October 23rd | 10am-7pm | Fleet Feet St. Charles
- ...Saturday, October 24th | opens at 8am
- ...If you are coming from out of town and cannot pick up your packet until race morning, please download and carefully read the Race Instructions before race morning.
To avoid overcrowding the trail, registration is limited to the first 500 entrants. Entry fees include a $3 fee charged by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. In accordance with MO State Law, race registration will be charged a 7.95% sale tax rate.
- $55 | thru August 31st
- $60 | September 1st through October 5th
- $65 | October 6th through October 17th
- $70 | October 18th through Race Day
SWAG (2020 Swag Coming Soon)
Participants can choose between a vintage tri-blend hooded long sleeve shirt or a custom sublimated fanny pack. Want both items? Purchase the custom fanny pack during registration for only $15!
- Vintage Tri-blend Hooded Long Sleeve: A staff and participant favorite - the perfect blend of incredibly soft and relaxed unisex style, this tri-blend vintage hooded long sleeve shirt is made from a blend of polyester, combed ring-spun cotton and rayon. There's a good chance this will be the softest shirt you will own. Consult the sizing chart to get the best fit - unisex sizing: XS-2XL. All entrants who register through October 6th will be guaranteed their swag of choice in their selected size.
- Custom Sublimated Fanny Pack: This one of a kind, custom design fanny pack is the perfect go-to pack for your everyday needs. The pack is 13.4" X 6" X 3.75". Made of 410D Polyester and features a front and back pocket. Register by October 6th to guarantee your swag of choice.
FINISHER MEDALS & AWARDS
All finishers will receive a custom finisher medal. Awards will be awarded to the top three overall finishers and the top three in ten year age groups.
THE GREAT PUMPKIN CONTEST
Back again this year...THE GREAT PUMPKIN CONTEST! Pumpkins are the epitome of Fall and Halloween, so let's decorate our event with your creations. The contest consists of having participants (YOU!) decorate, paint, or carve a pumpkin to the design of your choosing. Then on race day, bring your masterpiece with you to display for all to see. Racers and spectators will cast their votes for their favorite and prizes will be awarded to the top 3 pumpkins. The contest is free to enter but registration is required.
REGISTER HERE and get started creating your Great Pumpkin!
RACE INSTRUCTION DETAILS
Race instructions will be posted in October.
Interested in volunteering? All-day TNT volunteers receive a 2020 swag item and Fleet Feet gift card. We are looking for individuals and groups to help with packet pick-up, course marshaling, pre/post-race, aid stations, and more. Click here for volunteer sign up or email Jules for more information!
REFUND POLICY | No refunds are given within 21 days (after 10/5/2020) of the event. Processing fees are non-refundable. No make-up date or refunds if the event is canceled. Entries are not transferable to another event but can be transferred to another participant. Transferring registration is allowed until October 18, 2020. A $3 processing fee will be applied to all refunds and transfers.
- Dogs are not allowed on course or allowed to participate in the races.
- Inclement Weather Policy: The safety of our participants and volunteers is our highest priority. If severe weather is present, we will post an update on the Facebook Event Page and at the top of this page by 6:00 am the morning of the event at the latest.
- COVID-19 Status: Our intention is to be able to hold this event in person. We are working on plans to take all necessary precautions to make this a safe event during the COVID-19 situation based on the latest/greatest guidelines as the event approaches. As we finalize those plans and precautions and have them in place, we will include them in race communications closer to the race date. Participant safety is our number one concern, so if it is deemed unsafe to have an in-person event, the race will be switched to an all-virtual event. Should we have to hold the event virtually, we will automatically switch all participants to the virtual event and send details on how to obtain your race swag and submit your virtual times. If you do not want to participate in the virtual event, you can defer your entry to our 2021 event. We will contact all participants in the event that it goes virtual with further instructions.
Please review the Race Instructions or email Jules.
QQ was endorsed in 2014 by Outside Magazine, which named it one of the six best Outside running races. We're confident QQII will live up to QQ's great reputation.
History of Quivering Quads
In 1994, Fleet Feet Sports hosted the inaugural Quivering Quads Trail Runs along the beautiful single track trails of Cuivre River State Park. The unique event incorporated race distances of 10 kilometers, 13.1 miles, 50 kilometers, and 50 miles. 175 runners entered the inaugural event, which immediately became a fixture on the St. Louis area’s running calendar. In the late 90s, QQ was the largest trail run in Missouri and an event of some national prominence. The race was regularly featured in Ultrarunning Magazine and earned a mention in Kirk Johnson’s 2001 book To the Edge, which documented the world of ultramarathoning. The race went into hiatus after 2003’s 10th annual event so Fleet Feet could attend to the growth of their Lewis & Clark Marathon and Half Marathon, which has now become Rock ‘n’ Roll St. Louis, and the Race Directors could attend to the growth of their kids. In 2010, QQ returned as the Quivering Quads Trail Half Marathon. QQ continues to take place every March.