Fleet Feet is excited to announce a new in-person and virtual spring half marathon, the St. Charles Half Marathon. Starting from Missouri Research Park, the 13.1 miles showcases the area's natural beauty. Participants receive their choice of commemorative race swag; running hat or gender-specific singlet. Those who can't decide can get both for an additional fee. All finishers receive a custom finisher medal celebrating the inaugural year!
Proud to support and partner with St. Charles volunteer-based charity, Responder Rescue. Their mission is to provide assistance; emotional, tangible, or monetary, to any area of first responders, who have been injured, become ill, or suffered a traumatic situation after all other resources have been exhausted.
Finishers can enjoy a cold, crisp brew from Athletic Brewing Co. Athletic Brewing offers a whole platform of delicious, craft non-alcoholic beers for the modern beer drinker. They believe you shouldn't have to sacrifice your ability to be healthy, active, and at your best to enjoy great beer.
The finisher perks continue with a boxed lunch from your favorite neighborhood sandwich shop, Potbelly! A special thank you to the St. Charles Potbellies for their community support. Visit their location off First Capitol Dr. and Feed Your Smile!
Participants can enjoy services provided by the Back Pain Center during pre/post-race. BPC places an extreme emphasis on properly diagnosing patients and using research-backed techniques to get them out of pain and into health.
DATE | Sunday, May 16, 2021
LOCATION | Missouri Research Park, 22 Missouri Research Park Ct, St. Charles MO
START TIMES | Waves begin at 7:30 am. Runners will be sent out in groups of 50 every 5 minutes. Runners select their wave start time during registration.
- If runners miss their designated start wave they will start with the next or next closest wave. The start line during each wave will be open for 3 minutes and then close in order to prepare for the next wave. If you wish to run with your friend and family members, please select the same wave time during registration.
PARKING | PARKING MAP
Participants parking is available at #3, 5, & 17 Missouri Research Park Dr., Weldon Springs, MO 63304. Parking opens at 6:30am. If you arrive after 7:20am, you must come to Missouri Research Park via HWY 94 and park at #4 Missouri Research Dr. 63304. Missouri Research Park Cir will close for the start of the race at 7:20am and remain close until 8:45am.
COURSE | COURSE MAP
The St. Charles Half Marathon course is a unique combination of roads, paved and gravel trails. Starting on the Missouri Research Park's wide streets, runners will get off to a quick start as the course necks down to a beautiful, paved trail featuring 100' in elevation drop over the first 1.5 miles. The following 4 miles will allow you to lock into a rhythmic pace on the flat Katy Trail section along the Missouri River. This stretch offers tree and bluff-sheltered running conditions with shade, little wind, and lovely river views. The next section of the course runs on the Hamburg Trail. This 4-mile portion will begin to test your mettle as the double-track, packed gravel trail gradually regains elevation. While uphill, this section features an overhead canopy of trees most of the way. You’ll exit the Hamburg Trail at the Interpretive Center and “The Mound,” and transition to the smooth asphalt of the Busch Greenway trail. The final 3 miles features rolling hills with views of spring flowers, lakes, and prairie grass as you make your way to the finish.
- COURSE DETAILS
- Course closes at 12:00pm
- Two timing split points positioned at approximately miles 6 and 10 on the course
- Aid Stations located near miles 2, 5.75, 7.8, 9.9, 11.5
- USATF Certified Course (MO16017DG)
- Dogs are not permitted on the course
REGISTRATION & FEES | Pre-registration is required. No in-person packet pick-up, or race day registration available.
--- IN-PERSON ---
- $65 | thru 4/12
- $70 | 4/13 - 4/26
- $80 | 4/27 - 5/15
--- VIRTUAL ---
- $40 | thru 4/26
- $45 | 4/27-5/15
PACKET PICK UP | Your race packets and those of any friends and family can be picked up on...
- Friday, May 14th | 10:00am - 8:00pm | Fleet Feet - Des Peres
- Saturday, May 15th | 10:00am - 5:00pm | Fleet Feet - St. Charles
- Sunday, May 16th | opens at 6:45am | Missouri Research Park
- Virtual participants can choose to have their packet mailed to them for $6.
SWAG | Participants can choose between a gender-specific singlet or a BOCO running hat. Swag is guaranteed to those who register through April 26, 2021.
- Singlet: Beat the heat and add this light running singlet to your summer wardrobe. Featuring lightweight, breathable, moisture-managing fabric, you'll have fresh assurance with the antibacterial treatment and odor control fabric. Singlets feature a relaxed fit and come in gender-specific sizing. Review the sizing chart to find your best fit!
- Elite Runner Hat: The BOCO Gear Elite Runner hat features a reshaped bill that mimics that of a baseball cap for greater sun and glare protection. The ventilator mesh side and rear panels help the heat escape to keep you cool. Bottom line, whether you run fast or a little less fast you will be styling in this tech-savvy hat! A must-have for your summer running wardrobe. One size fits most. Participants can choose to purchase additional hats for $23 each ($30 value).
VIRTUAL EVENT | The virtual event is similar to a traditional event except participants complete it entirely on their own. There is not a required location that the event must be completed nor a mandatory time. There is no time limit the distance must be covered, and you can split up the distance between multiple days. The important thing is to at least finish the event, complete the distance, and have fun. The virtual event promotes positive motivation by helping everyone to get outside, active, and healthy. Once finished, simply go online and submit your time to be included in the race results page! Instructions on how to record and submit your times will be emailed to all virtual participants on 5/9. If during registration, you chose packet mailing ($6), packets will ship out May 9-17 depending on your date of registration. Register by 4/26 to guarantee your packet by 5/16. Virtual results can be submitted May 10-31.
FINISHER MEDAL & AWARDS | IN-PERSON: Half Marathon finishers will receive a custom finisher medal. Awards to the top three overall male/female finishers and the top three male/female in the following age groups: 19 & under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & over. Awards are based on chip time. VIRTUAL: All virtual participants will receive a custom finisher medal. There are no overall or age group awards for the virtual event.
RESULTS | All in-person participants who provide a cell phone number during registration will receive their results via text message shortly after crossing the finish line. Follow live in-person results here.
CHARITY | Each day, thousands of police officers, firefighters, and EMS workers strive to keep each and every one of us safe. While we often see these men and women as daily heroes, they still face injury, illness, and traumatic events; on and off duty. Unfortunately, there is only so much their insurance companies and the departments they work for can do to help. Responder Rescue, a 501(c)(3) organization, was established in 2009 by a St. Louis metro area fire Captain who saw this unmet need. As a result, Responder Rescue's goal is to help provide additional financial and emotional assistance to these men and women. Responder Rescue Inc. helps to ensure that they and their families have the basic necessities needed, such as food, housing, transportation, and medical care including psychological, in order to minimize the suffering caused by such traumatic events. To learn more or volunteer click here.
VOLUNTEERS | Interested in volunteering at the St. Charles Half Marathon? All volunteers will receive a BOCO Gear Hat and Fleet Feet gift card. Have a group interested? Donations are available for groups of 5 or more.
EVENT POLICIES & FAQ:
- Are face coverings required? Yes, when not racing, all athletes, volunteers, spectators, and staff will be expected to wear face coverings. Face covers are required during warm-up and cooldowns when social distancing is not possible or whenever appropriate. Face coverings are required during packet pick-up.
- No-Risk Registration - We understand these are uncertain times. Our intention is to host an in-person event. However, should the health situation change and we cannot host the event, all runners will be able to defer to 2022 or run the event virtually. If the event is canceled before April 26, participants will have the option to choose between a refund, deferral, or run the event virtually. Registration is only available online. In-person registration is not available at packet pick-up or race day.
- Will there be on-course Aid Stations? Yes, there will be on-course aid stations BUT with minimal supplies and support. We highly encourage and recommend participants carry all hydrations and nutritional needs in their running pack.
- Will there be on-course support? Yes, we will have course marshals and traffic control on the course. Athletic Trainers will be available at the finish line.
- Is there a bag check? There is no official bag check, but the venue does have grass areas and space to spread out. Parking is near the start/finish. Volunteers or Fleet Feet staff are not responsible for your personal belongings.
- Restroom facilities will be located at the start/finish area and near each aid station on course (except aid station #1).
- Are dogs allowed at the event or allowed to participate? We love dogs, but dogs are not allowed to participate in the race.
- Inclement Weather Policy: The safety of our participants and volunteers is our highest priority. If severe weather is present, we will post an update on the Facebook Event Page and at the top of this page by 6:00 am the morning of the event at the latest.
- Health Survey: All participants will be required to complete an online health survey before participation and be negative for symptoms of COVID-19 to participate. The survey will be emailed out prior to the event.
- Refund Policy - No refunds after April 26, 2021. Processing fees are non-refundable. Entries are not transferable to another event but can be transferred to another participant. Transferring registration is allowed through May 10, 2021. A $3 processing fee will be applied to all refunds and transfers.
- What if I have a positive COVID-19 test or show symptoms of COVID-19? If you have a positive COVID-19 test or show symptoms (click here for a complete list of symptoms), we ask that you not attend the event. Participants who fall into this category will be offered the following options; defer to the 2022 event, or participate virtually after their quarantine period. We will also provide the following refund options. If the request is received by April 26, 2021, the participant can receive a full refund minus the transaction fees if, after April 26, 2021, participants with a positive COVID-19 test can receive a 50% refund or defer to 2022.
- COVID-19 Status: We intend to be able to hold this event in person. We are working on plans to take all necessary precautions to make this a safe event during the COVID-19 situation based on the latest guidelines as the event approaches. As we finalize those plans and precautions and have them in place, we will include them in race communications closer to the race date. Participant safety is our number one concern, and if deemed unsafe to have an in-person event, the race will switch to an all-virtual event. Should we have to hold the event virtually, we will automatically switch all participants to the virtual event and send details on how to obtain your race swag and submit your virtual times. If you do not want to participate in the virtual event, you can defer your entry to our 2022 event. We will contact all participants if it goes virtual with further instructions.
QUESTIONS? | Questions about the race? Call the Race Productions office at 855-786-5945 x716 or click the button below.
SPONSORS | Interested in becoming a sponsor? Contact Jules (email@example.com) for more details about sponsorship opportunities!