DATE - Sunday, March 13th, 2022
You may pick up your race packet, and those of any family or friends during the following times:
- Friday, March 11 | 11:00 am – 7:00pm | Fleet Feet Des Peres
- Saturday, March 12 | 10:00 am – 5:00pm | Fleet Feet St. Charles
- Sunday, March 13 | Starting at 8:15am | Cuivre River State Park
- All packets must be picked up by 10:00am on March 13, 2022. Any packets not picked by 10:00am on March 13, 2022 are forfeited and no longer guaranteed.
In order to reduce trail congestion, racers will start in waves of 35, with each wave separated by five minutes. Racers were placed in waves based on their estimated road 15K/HM pace, with the fastest runners in the earlier waves. Do NOT expect to match your road time on the trails at QQ! Please wear your race number visible on the front of your torso so we can make sure everyone starts at the correct time and can be identified easily on course.
WAVE TIMES (will be posted by Wed.)
DIRECTIONS, PARKING & SHUTTLING
- CARPOOL: Parking will be tight on race morning. Please carpool if possible to safely do so.
- DRIVE TIMES: Plan to arrive at the parking area within Cuivre River State Park at least 50 minutes before your start time – and not before 7:30am. If you are coming from the St. Louis area, it will take 55 minutes to reach the parking area from the I-70 river crossing and 50 minutes from the I-64 river crossing. You will be about 35 minutes away when you reach the I-70/Hwy. 61 intersection in Wentzville and 15 minutes away when you reach the park entrance.
- DIRECTIONS: You must enter the park through the main entrance. When you reach Troy on Hwy. 61, exit east on Hwy 47. Drive 3.1 miles and turn left into the park on Route 147. Yield to oncoming traffic when crossing the one-lane bridge. 2.1 miles from Route 147, you will reach the Visitor’s Center and be directed to turn right on Lincoln Hill Rd. Once you reach the stop sign at the top of Lincoln Hill, you will be directed to take a right and drive towards the parking area in Camp Cuivre. Follow the directions of the Parking Attendants to the first open spaces and park your vehicle as efficiently as possible.
- Click here to get directions to the park’s Visitors Center. (GPS directions may take you a non-preferred way to this location.)
- SHUTTLES: Participants are required to use the shuttle service, which will take you directly to the race start/finish area. Please allow for 15-20 mins for the shuttle ride from the parking lot to race headquarters. Shuttles will be school buses. Shuttles will begin at 7:35am and continue until the last finisher has been returned to their vehicle. Participants or spectators will NOT be allowed to park or drop off at the race headquarters area.
START/FINISH AREA (race headquarters)
Participants and spectators will NOT be able to park at the pre/post-race area. Portable toilets and handwash stations will be available at the start/finish area. Pre-race water will be available near the start line. A selection of food and drink will be available for post-race participants. An EMT will be on-site all day at race headquarters.
- Gear Check: There will be no official gear check area but personal supplies can be left in the tented area at the start/finish area. All bags and coolers should be marked with your name, race number, and contact number. Changing tents will be available for both pre/post-race.
The course will be clearly marked with PINK and YELLOW flags, directional signage, along with course marshals. The flags and directional signage will keep you on course. The notification signage will keep you safe. Please take note of the signs warning of two-way traffic.
- 15K participants will follow the PINK flags.
- Half Marathon participants will follow the YELLOW flags.
- Course Maps
Quivering Quads Trail Race is trying to minimize waste and contact so we encourage our runners to bring their own hydration bottles, belts, or packs to refill along the course. If cold temperatures are predicted, we recommend wearing water belts or packs inside your jacket to keep them from freezing. We will have minimal cups available at aid stations. To limit trash on the course we will not allow cups to leave aid stations. Porta-johns will be located near each aid station. Each aid station will have a first-aid kit available.
- 15K Aid Stations - will be located at approximately the following mile locations: 4.5 and 6.5. All aid stations will provide water, gatorade and snacks in case of an emergency.
- Half Marathon Aid Stations- will be located at approximately the following mile locations: 4.0, 8.0, 11.7. All aid stations will provide water, gatorade and snacks in case of emergency.
COURSE NOTES & ETIQUETTE
- Dogs are not allowed to participate in the race.
- Trekking poles are not allowed on course. Many sections of the course are single-track or two-way traffic and we want to keep all participants safe and avoid tripping.
- Participants should be prepared to encounter the following elements on the trails: multiple creek crossings with ankle-deep water, wind, and mud. The majority of the creek crossings can be crossed without getting wet, except for the large creek crossing which is currently ankle-deep (only on the half course).
- TWO-WAY TRAFFIC: There is a two-way traffic section along the half marathon course. Please follow these simple course etiquette steps when passing other participants. Immediately before passing another athlete, clearly announce “On your left!” or “On your right!” and then make the pass on that side.
- If you must listen to music while competing, we require you to only wear ONE earbud and keep the volume low. During this race, you WILL need to hear what other racers and volunteers are saying to keep everyone safe.
- Littering on the course is UNACCEPTABLE. We must leave the trail cleaner than we found it. Please help by carrying any trash you find to the next aid station. No cups or food containers are allowed to leave aid stations.
- With temperatures very unpredictable this time of year dressing in layers is the best option. If you need to remove a layer during the race, please carry it to the next aid station and leave it with the volunteers. All clothing dropped off at aid stations will be brought back to the start/finish area at the end of the race. Fleet Feet will hold onto the clothes for one week before donating. If you wish to receive your item of clothing back, please contact the Race Production team ASAP after the race.
Trail shoes are recommended footwear for the event. We recommend bringing an extra pair of shoes and clothing to change into after the race. Bring a towel to wrap any muddy items in.
- Both courses will remain open until 2:30pm, approximately 4.5 hours after the start of the last wave.
- If you reach an aid station behind the pace necessary to finish by 2:30pm (approximately 23:00/mile for half marathon and 29:00/mile for 15K), you will be driven back to the start/finish area.
The current weather report is available here. Remember that it is a few degrees cooler when in the woods, so dress in layers to be prepared for anything.
No make-up date or refunds will be given if the event is canceled due to weather.
- It is imperative for you to follow our social media for the latest updates and exercise your best judgment as to whether or not it is safe for you to attend.
An EMT with a fully stocked SUV will be stationed at the start/finish area. A first aid kit and cell phones will be available at all aid stations and course marshals will have cell phones. In case of an emergency, locate a cell phone as quickly as possible and call 911. In case of a minor injury, make your way to the closest aid station and ask them to call for a shuttle. If requested, we will gladly refund the entry fee for any participant who stops or delays their race to assist an injured athlete.
AWARDS, RESULTS & PHOTOS
Medals will be awarded to all 15K and Half Marathon finishers. Awards will be awarded to the top three overall male/female finishers and the top three males/females in ten-year age groups for the 15K and half marathon. If you provided a cell number during registration, your results will be texted to you moments after crossing the finish line. Results and photos will also be accessible at ffstl.com/QQ.
Volunteers are the truly indispensable component of any event of this type! It is vital for all participants to frequently & warmly express your appreciation at each encounter! They have offered up their time to be helping hands on the course, check you in in the morning, and encourage you throughout the event for very little in return. They are just happy to be there supporting your goals! Please make sure to thank them.
GOOD LUCK RUNNERS! OWN THE TRAILS & ENJOY THE RACE!
Functional Flexibility | Des Peres
6:00am - 7:00am | Fleet Feet Des Peres, 11731 Manchester Rd, Des Peres, MO 63131,
Our Functional Flexibility class helps prevent injury and maximize performance by combining …Learn More ›
Functional Strength | St. Charles
6:00am - 7:00am | Fleet Feet | St. Charles, 3813 Mexico Rd, St Charles, MO 63303
Develop useful strength, the type of strength that makes you faster and healthier. This clas…Learn More ›
Connect With Us
see the latest from Fleet Feet St. Louis