ATTENTION: DATE CHANGE!!!
DATE/TIME: Friday, September 14th, 2018 from 7-9pm; Check-in at 6pm (old date was Friday, September 7th)
LOCATION: Fire Station #1 Community Room, 730 E Grand // Springfield, MO
WHAT: Teams of two to five people will walk and run through downtown Springfield finding checkpoints, answering trivia, and solving mystery challenges over the course of two hours. A healthy sense of humor and pop culture knowledge are the keys to a satisfying experience.
REGISTRATION: Register Online HERE. Downloadable form HERE. Forms can be mailed in advance to Fleet Feet Sports (1254 E Republic Rd, Springfield, MO) or you can sign up between 6:15pm and 6:45pm on site on race day (730 E Grand).
Early bird: $25/person
Race day: $30/person
Kids under 16: $10/person
AFTER PARTY: This event does not feature T-shirts but participants will be treated to a pizza party, clues/trivia recap, and door prizes after the race.
RESULTS: Past years' results. Click on the tabs at the bottom to view previous years' results.
- Find as many checkpoints as you can using your smarts and the clue sheets provided.
- Foot travel only.
- No trespassing or breaking other laws
- Each teammate must have a light for safety and all teams need a writing utensil
- If you get tired, thirty, bored, or hungry it’s totally fine to stop at one of our fine downtown establishments for nourishment. Just don’t take a taxi back to the race site, Kristy Taylor.
- Be back by 9pm – for every minute late, we deduct two points from your totals and you eat the pizza that we dropped on the floor.
- Teams stay together at all times – don’t send the fast people ahead because you ate too much fudge at Christmas.
- However, if nature calls stand a comfortable distance away. We are sensitive to the fact once you hear an acquaintance's splashies you can never go back.
- Teams who dress up in costume get 10 bonus points.
- Use your smartphone for photos, but no calls or internet research please.
- Best team name gets a prize
- Bring some cash along for optional mystery challenges. There's always a Foodie challenge.
- In the event of a Zombiepocalypse, I suggest giving Negan half of your stuff.
- Feel free to use GPS. We feel naked without our Garmins too.
- Write on your answer sheets in a way that at least a 3rd grader could read. In the grand scheme of things, particularly the throbbing pus-filled abscess of a year known as 2016, is penmanship all that important? Probably not, but it’s a heckuva lot easier to grade if you write nice.
- Remember that if you cheat you are only cheating yourself because there are no awards at this race.
- Are you still reading?
- You are obviously a detail oriented person.
- You should probably be doing something more productive than this right now.