IT ALL BEGINS ON NOVEMBER 25, 2022.
DO IT IN THE RAIN. DO IT IN THE SNOW. DO IT IN THE COLD.
DO IT TOGETHER.
WINTER WARRIORS IS BACK!
The season of gloomy days, colder weather and good, hearty meals is upon us. This season also brings the hardest time of year to get out and do what we do: RUN!
Every year, the Winter Warriors season arrives, providing a fun way to stay active when the weather would otherwise keep us inside. We want running to continue to be a practice that helps you overcome, stay mentally and physically healthy and connect you to your community even during the winter months.
We're here to make it fun. Play the game with us: join Winter Warriors!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Attend group runs (3 scheduled per week) and you'll earn POINTS
- Show up when it is raining, snowing or in cold weather and earn more POINTS
- The more POINTS you earn, the better your reward
- The one with the most POINTS wins!
- We track your POINTS through Fitvil and post standings at the end of the program
- If you haven't noticed, it's all about the POINTS!
The Winter Warriors season ends on Saturday, February 18th, 2023, after which we will crown our overall Winter Warriors champions!
WHO IT'S FOR:
EVERYONE! Walkers AND runners, exercise beginners and exercise fiends. We really mean it when we say Winter Warriors is for everyone. The goal of the program is to give you incentives to keep moving, whether in darkness, rain, snow or cold weather. We want everyone to stay active this winter.
WHAT WINTER WARRIORS INCLUDES:
- 12 weeks of point-eligible social runs and themed runs
- Our Annual Pancake Run on November 25th, 2022 at 9:00 am at Fleet Feet Spokane
- Three weekly opportunities to run (rain, snow or shine)
- A great group of people to hold you accountable
Please view our Winter Warrior Rules for all details.
- Cost: $35
- Duration: 12 weeks from November 25th, 2022 to February 18th, 2023
- How do you qualify extra points based on weather?
Simply put, if it is raining, snowing or precipitating of any kind when your run starts, a bonus point is awarded. Another bonus point is earned if the weather is below 30 degrees when the watch starts. Both of these metrics will be ultimately determined by the coach that is present (no negotiating allowed!). With that being said, there is an opportunity to earn a maximum of 3 points each run.