Join our Fleet Feet Spokane Mentor Team!
Mentors play an important role in ensuring a great experience for our training program participants. Do you have what it takes to be a Fleet Feet mentor?
The Fleet Feet Mentor Team is a passionate group of run mentors who help people reach their goals.
What is a Mentor?
A Mentor is an invaluable resource to our training program participants and an "on the road" representative of Fleet Feet Spokane. Mentors attend every group workout throughout a training program to provide support. Their main responsibilities include:
- Offering positive energy and an encouraging attitude to the group
- Promoting safety and providing support during workouts
- Keeping an assigned approximate pace or interval while walking or running
- Running alongside participants and making sure everyone is accounted for
- Educating participants about the benefits, products and solutions that Fleet Feet offers
- Calling on their past personal experiences to provide knowledge, advice, and general tips when it comes to training and living healthy
- Can motivate and inspire others in a positive manner
- Has completed at least 2 races at your desired distance
- Able to attend a minimum of 75% of all training workouts
- Run for the purpose of mentoring and not your own workout- during group runs and the goal race
- Able to attend the group's goal race to support and run with the participants
- Relay critical information, suggestions and concerns to the Head Coach
- Can maintain a desired pace or has access to a GPS watch for pace guidance
- A desire to help others achieve their goals
- Fleet Feet Spokane store ambassador
- Attend Mentor Trainings
- Can arrive 15 minutes before each practice to meet with the coach and greet participants
What distances can I mentor for?:
- Ignite! 5k Training- interval to finish (walk/run), run to finish
- Half Marathon/ Marathon
- Explore Trails
- Warm fuzzy feeling from knowing that you made a difference in someone's running
- Free entry into the training program you are mentoring
- Free entry into the program goal race
- Post-training program celebration
Click Here to fill out the Mentor Application.
Questions? Contact Steve Warrington at firstname.lastname@example.org