Go the distance.
Group training is officially back! Half and Full Marathon training starts right after the fireworks on July 5th.
- Start date: July 5, 2021 (first group workout is July 7th).
- Duration: 14 weeks
- Price: $120/$140+fees
- Workout schedule: Mondays are rest days. Wednesdays are group workouts (6 pm at Kendall Yards). Saturdays are group long runs (starting at 8:30 am from Kendall Yards). We'll continue to follow COVID-19 guidelines for group training meetups and adjust our protocols as they change.
- Workout delivery: choose to receive your training plans through Training Peaks or the good ol' fashioned way...PDFs.
- Our Distance Training Facebook group is a great way to connect with other runners.
- We're partnering with The Spokane Half and Full Marathon on October 10, 2021. Group participants receive a discount on registration. We welcome runners in our Spokane community training for other races and are happy to adjust your plan to meet your goals.
Register here for half marathon training.
Register here for full marathon training.
Meet Your Distance Coach: Steve Warrington (email)
What I love about Fleet Feet is seeing people change their lives in a positive and healthy way, and how our customers become our friends. Being able to contribute to that, in even the smallest of ways, brings me great joy, especially when I see those who I coach reach goals they thought were way beyond them.
I started running Cross Country as a freshman at Northwest Christian High School in 1977. The running culture was much different at that time and not the movement that it is now. In the years since, I have changed how I approached endurance sports but have always come back to running. I have been a marathoner, a road cyclist, mountain biker, Ironman, and am currently enjoying the world of ultra-trail running. Running has changed throughout the years but one thing that remains consistent is how it allows us to look into ourselves and to learn from that introspection.
I am a certified RRCA (Road Runners Club of America) distance coach since 2016. I coach personal clients on form, general fitness, and specific race goals, and I have coached for the Medical Lake School district for seven years, including four years in the middle school cross country program where we brought home the first ever men’s All League trophy, as well as three years as a High School varsity women’s cross country and track coach. I've had the opportunity to take several athletes to the Washington State meet to compete. I mentored the Fleet Feet running groups for three years before taking a job here, and now am the Spokane training groups coordinator.
Steve works in our Kendall Yards shop.