Spring 50k, 25k and Half Marathon Training Program
Kick off 2020 right and get the spark you need to jumpstart your running journey. Our professionally-designed programs offer more than just a workout. You will become part of our community and work with experienced coaches from Ghost Runners Coaching! You will make new friends with similar goals, and enjoy a motivational atmosphere that helps keep you engaged so you can- stick with the program... We'll be training for The Black Mountain 50k, 25k and Half Marathon on June 20th! This training group is geared towards all ability levels for the Half Marathon (even true beginners) and intermediate-advanced for the 25k and 50k distances (those that have completed a half marathon or marathon before). This is a great way to meet new running buddies, train for a goal as a group, and increase your overall fitness level!
Join our group of friendly, knowledgeable coaches for two weekly workouts, monthly workshops, and bonus events. The training programs will kick off on Sunday, March 8th,2020. Whether you want to train for your first ultra or you are trying to improve your time, this program is for you! All programs will provide challenging workouts whether you choose the completion or performance training plans. Have more questions or want to learn more? Email us at email@example.com!
Weekly Workout Times
Wednesdays at 6:15pm and Saturdays at 8:15am
- We also provide an optional full workout schedule for all non-group training days so that you can keep your weekly mileage.
We will have 4 special runs and workshops with Coach Vera and Coach IzzyB on the racecourse with a 7am start time.
- Workshop 1 - Sunday, March 8th - Active Pre-workout Warmup
- Workshop 2 - Saturday, April 18th - Post-workout Stretch and Mobility
- Workshop 3 - Saturday, May 2nd - Nutrition/Hydration
- Workshop 4 - Saturday, May 31st, How to Prepare for Race Day
Group Training Atmosphere
These are fully supported group runs complete with hydration stations, turn-by-turn routes, and our passionate and knowledgeable team of coaches, staff, and mentors. You'll be able to utilize comprehensive weekly newsletters, guest presenters on a variety of topics including nutrition, motivation, injury prevention and more.
Black Mountain 50k, 25k and Half Marathon
- Race Day: Saturday, June 20th, 2020
- More Info: https://www.blackmtn50k.com/
We use a schedule that is designed to increase evenly and progressively from start to finish. We break it up into three 4-week training phases for a typical training program, each with very specific training focuses:
- Weeks 1-3: Introduction - in these weeks we introduce you to base pace, various workout types, and common themes in running
- Weeks 4-6: Build & Strength - these weeks we will begin to increase weekly mileage, add strength and flexibility training, and focus on consistency
- Weeks 7-9: Sharpen & Lengthen - in this phase, we get confident with our work and perfect what we've done previously
- Weeks 10-Race Week: Recover & Race Prep - the last few weeks of training are dedicated to rest, race planning and staying loose
*Our programs are progressive in nature, with each week building upon the last - slow, steady and consistent!
**Weekday meetups consist of different types of workouts (intervals, hills, fartlek, tempo, plyometrics, and good form running)
***Weekends are for long runs and recovery! We start out with a relatively short distance and slowly but surely build to our goal distance and pace!
Exclusive Discounts and Prizes
Throughout the program you'll have access to in-store discounts on all the essentials you'll need to maximize your training. You'll also earn an exclusive training program technical t-shirt, and we'll have some other special prizes and giveaways throughout the season too!
All Distances: $165
Customized nutrition plan for your specific needs and goals: $99/month
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!