Getting dirty is just one of the perks!
Join Trail Heads to conquer the trails in the foothills of Gold Country. Experience amazing scenery and discover new trails to visit for years to come. Trail Heads is coached by the most passionate trail and ultrarunners in Northern California.
Trail Heads: Trail running training
Day/Time: Wednesdays 6:30 PM, Sundays 7:30 AM
Price: Register early and save!
Length: 7 weeks
Workout Locations: Group workouts are every Wednesday at 6:30 PM and every Sunday at 7:30 AM.
We offer two location options for Wednesday workouts, one in the foothills and one in the Davis area. Sunday workouts will be held in the foothills, a 45 - 60 minute drive from downtown Sacramento. You will learn to navigate a variety of trails that you can return to and enjoy for years to come.
- Program Dates: August 25 - October 9, 2019
- First Workout: Sunday, August 25, 7:30 AM
- Race Day: Saturday, October 12 (race entry not included in training program fee)
- $15 Fleet Feet Sports coupon
- Twice a week group training sessions
- 7-week training schedule designed for walk/runners and runner (pace minimums required)
- Experienced coaches to support you along the way
- Product demos from vendor sponsors
- Discounts available for the next session
- Weekly training newsletter
- Education on proper trail running technique, fueling, stretching, and more
- Workouts at some of the area's best trails
- Learn safety in the wild
- DIRTY FUN!
Suggested Activity Level
Because of the "wild" nature of this training, there are a few prerequisites:
- Currently running 4 - 5 days/wk. and a minimum of 45 - 50 minutes per run
- Injury free and able to run continuously for 4-6 miles on trail (first long workout)
- Practical application and understanding of fueling, hydration, and stretching
- Not afraid of dirt, enjoy beautiful scenery, and love a challenge!
- Two pace groups: Under 11 min/mile and 11-13 min/mile.
- For the safety of all involved, 11-13 min group is designed for people who can maintain a 13 minute per mile pace or faster (on road) for 5+ miles.
- Short and long distance workouts available for each session
- Due to the nature of the program; 11-13 min/mile (on road) will be asked to do the short distance training. No exceptions.
- No refunds after the first workout . No exchanges or transfers at any time.
- Training fee does not include race entry fee.
- Please note, due to liability and safety concerns, we can not allow dogs or strollers at Fleet Feet Training workouts.
If you have specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proudly Sponsored by: